Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
What he's saying isn't even radical, it's what good clubs have been doing for years and what failing clubs have to do eventually. Let's get the disclaimer bit out of the way first; Warnock has been very good for the club, he's has galvanised the fanbase and in a way given back some identity. It has been entertaining even if some of the football has been awful.

What we've got at the moment is an old manager with zero interest in building the club, i don't really blame him for that although he wasn't always old and i'm pretty sure that he's been pretty much the same throughout his career, he gets clubs up, they get relegated, he ****s off without any form of legacy, basically, they haven't improved. He's a Footballing hit man, clears the dead wood, removes the people causing problems and gets things going almost immediately, that's great when a club wants or needs a dramatic turn around although what's needed during that period is a plan, an infrastructure so that when he's gone a club doesn't end up where it was previously.

Alot of fans love him and i can understand that, but i'd say that most of those supporters are the kind that like the up and at em' style that Warnock provides, i may offend with this, but i'd say that they're the type of fans who actually enjoy a basic level of football, hard work and grit because they associate with that. The problem is that it isn't long term or sustainable.
Why is it not sustainable ?

Burnley are massively over achieving with a direct style.

Wimbledon, Watford, Cambridge all had massive success with it- as have we to a lesser extent.

It’s a myth I see perpetuated year after year these days that there is only one ‘right’ way to play football.

There is still a place for pace and power and teamwork- as we saw 2 weeks ago at OT

Warnock is more likely to succeed than a new manager coming in and trying to get us playing tippy- tappy

It’s like we are all ignoring what happened with Trollope

It was supposed to be this new modern football and it was turgid.
Hardly a shot on target !

Absolute garbage. These days there’s plenty of shots, goals and wingers taking their men on.

With a few more talented players coming in then we should have more excitement again next season.

During which time Warnock can be helping our inexperienced board look for s longer term replacement.

To me it makes sense