+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Non Football it's anout dogs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Non Football it's anout dogs

we tried Raw, both from scratch ( its a pita to do ) ,in the ready made form from a pet shop and in a ready made form from the Butchers ( just add veg )

was it any cheaper, no not really
    did they produce less waste, yes it was noticable

why did we change, well dried food is just so easy, a cup each meal time and its done

so we looked and researched dried food, tried them from pets at home, they do a few, the own brand stuff wasnt great, its branded wainwrights, but on the bag says its made for " pets at home "

we then won a voucher for £25 of a bag of royal canin at a dog show, best puppy in show as it happens, so we tried RC, very nice food, hardly any waste, they do specific food for each breed if you want, or just general food, its pricey though, was costing us £150 a month for our 4 dogs

then at another show ( down in cornwal ) alot of the agility folk were using CSJ, they have independent sellers around the country, we then won a small bag for being placed, so tried that as treats, the dogs loved it, we asked around and a few were using it
    much cheaper at about £50 a month, slightly more waste, but saving a ton a month i can live with that

we use Sooper Dooper Champ by CSJ, its a slightly higher protein, ours love it and we recommend it to others who also say they love it

Re: Non Football it's anout dogs

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we tried Raw, both from scratch ( its a pita to do ) ,in the ready made form from a pet shop and in a ready made form from the Butchers ( just add veg )

was it any cheaper, no not really
    did they produce less waste, yes it was noticable

why did we change, well dried food is just so easy, a cup each meal time and its done

so we looked and researched dried food, tried them from pets at home, they do a few, the own brand stuff wasnt great, its branded wainwrights, but on the bag says its made for " pets at home "

we then won a voucher for £25 of a bag of royal canin at a dog show, best puppy in show as it happens, so we tried RC, very nice food, hardly any waste, they do specific food for each breed if you want, or just general food, its pricey though, was costing us £150 a month for our 4 dogs

then at another show ( down in cornwal ) alot of the agility folk were using CSJ, they have independent sellers around the country, we then won a small bag for being placed, so tried that as treats, the dogs loved it, we asked around and a few were using it
    much cheaper at about £50 a month, slightly more waste, but saving a ton a month i can live with that

we use Sooper Dooper Champ by CSJ, its a slightly higher protein, ours love it and we recommend it to others who also say they love it
    1 of mine got bad skin. Its linked to diet I think and fresh cut grass. Behaves well enough but I trying to eradicate skin probs through diet. He is a top boy. He wouldn't win no shows and he watches far too much sh*t on the tele with his nose pressed up to the screen and nearly knocks it over but that's just him. Thanks for the tips.