+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serbia Ticket Info

Serbia Ticket Info

On sale 10am Friday. Allocation of 2,200 tickets at £3.50 each. Loyalty system will be used as per the attached link:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fawtick...px?itemref=875

Re: Serbia Ticket Info

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    On sale 10am Friday. Allocation of 2,200 tickets at £3.50 each. Loyalty system will be used as per the attached link:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fawtick...px?itemref=875
    £3.50!

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    £3.50!
    I blame modern football

There is an obvious problem here.
    At £3.50 many will buy a ticket with no intention of going.
    Doesn't that make a joke of the loyalty system.
    Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Discuss
    Exactly. I was under the impression it would be easy to get a ticket for this one. I booked Air travel and hotel already. I am in Stage 3, (two aways) so at £3.50 per ticket I got no chance I reckon. There is some talk of maybe having a 'pick the ticket up in Serbia', which would deter people buying them up to gain loyalty points. But I am not optimistic on that one.
    Spedger

Discuss
    This appears to be a popular game so on that basis I would expect a large proportion of those who have travelled regularly in the past to go. Although I cannot speak for everyone, I go to the majority of away games myself & virtually all of the regulars I know are going to Serbia (& also Moldova & Georgia).

I know that some people have been voicing concerns similar to yours to Corky & he mentioned that the FSF will discuss with the FAW at a forthcoming meeting (I think that he said it's on Friday). The FAW could maybe look to invoke checks to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen & personally I would not have an issue with this as long as it was not too onerous. That said if results drop off I would expect it to be a temporary measure as I would guess that a fair number of those now wanting tickets will drift away & we will return to having few issues as far as away tickets are concerned.

Stage 1 only requires 4 out of the last 9 away games so you don't have to have been the most avid of fans to qualify, although I can certainly understand frustrations if people cannot get tickets as a result of those higher up the pecking order buying them & not going. If it can be proved that this is a common issue then I am in favour of something being done to prevent it.

Sounds like it's going to be a cracking trip.

2,200 tickets...below we see the only entrance gate, no turnstiles and everyone will be searched on entry and no coins or small objects will be allowed in( women need to remember last time when all their make up was confiscated) There are currently no refreshments available once inside although we are negotiating with the Serbia FA...we know it will be very hot that time of year and at least water should be provided.
    The slant in the stand we occupy is very steep and its possible to fall forward quite a few rows especially after you have had a few lol...there are no barriers to stop this.
    We are fenced in both sides and there is a moat at the front which prevents aaccess to the pitch, evacuation of that stand with 2,200 fans in will take approx 20 minutes which is way too long.

shit ground.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

2,200 tickets...below we see the only entrance gate, no turnstiles and everyone will be searched on entry and no coins or small objects will be allowed in( women need to remember last time when all their make up was confiscated) There are currently no refreshments available once inside although we are negotiating with the Serbia FA...we know it will be very hot that time of year and at least water should be provided.
    The slant in the stand we occupy is very steep and its possible to fall forward quite a few rows especially after you have had a few lol...there are no barriers to stop this.
    We are fenced in both sides and there is a moat at the front which prevents aaccess to the pitch, evacuation of that stand with 2,200 fans in will take approx 20 minutes which is way too long.

shit ground.jpg
    tree fiddy tho

shit ground.jpg

Trust me it's an improvement on the ground from our last trip to Serbia

Discuss
    This discussion has been ragging on the welsh forum for months, i don't see it myself. Had this game come before Ireland maybe....but to bump up your away points for either Moldavia or Georgia i doubt it.

If by some mad piece of luck we actually get to a play off situation i am sure the FA will make sure that allocations goes to those most loyal and they'll be able to see if 2000 odd tickets were sold and 400 turned for those with cheap tickets and change the criteria to more aways.

This appears to be a popular game so on that basis I would expect a large proportion of those who have travelled regularly in the past to go. Although I cannot speak for everyone, I go to the majority of away games myself & virtually all of the regulars I know are going to Serbia (& also Moldova & Georgia).

I know that some people have been voicing concerns similar to yours to Corky & he mentioned that the FSF will discuss with the FAW at a forthcoming meeting (I think that he said it's on Friday). The FAW could maybe look to invoke checks to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen & personally I would not have an issue with this as long as it was not too onerous. That said if results drop off I would expect it to be a temporary measure as I would guess that a fair number of those now wanting tickets will drift away & we will return to having few issues as far as away tickets are concerned.

Stage 1 only requires 4 out of the last 9 away games so you don't have to have been the most avid of fans to qualify, although I can certainly understand frustrations if people cannot get tickets as a result of those higher up the pecking order buying them & not going. If it can be proved that this is a common issue then I am in favour of something being done to prevent it.
    Do you really think 2,200 people will go?

I don't.

I think tickets might sell as they are so cheap and people will get a tick in the box for buying one. But as far as actually travelling I'd be really surprised if that many went.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    tree fiddy tho
    "Well, it was about that time that I notice that Serbian centre back was about eight stories tall and was a crustacean from the protozoic era."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Do you really think 2,200 people will go?

I don't.

I think tickets might sell as they are so cheap and people will get a tick in the box for buying one. But as far as actually travelling I'd be really surprised if that many went.

I think it's feasible that we will take 2,000 plus. Feel good factor following the Euros, last game of season, weekend game so not much time off work required, nice weather, relatively inexpensive beer, new country/city for some etc. will all encourage people in my view.

£1 a pint in Belgrade, can't wait!

Tickets are now on sale for those who qualify for stage 1.

Corky mentioned that around 3,000 responded to the FAW survey indicating that they plan to travel for this game. For those who are concerned about tickets being purchased by some who do not travel, it looks like the FAW plan to implement some checks to prevent this from happening. There is a meeting today which will hopefully clarify what these checks will be.

shit ground.jpg
    The last time we went there they took pens, ciggie lighters, ladies perfumes and anything else that could be deemed a missile off of us.
    Frigging mayhem.

Corky mentioned that around 3,000 responded to the FAW survey indicating that they plan to travel for this game. For those who are concerned about tickets being purchased by some who do not travel, it looks like the FAW plan to implement some checks to prevent this from happening. There is a meeting today which will hopefully clarify what these checks will be.
    Lets hope they make a level-headed decision.

Just noticed a meeting is taking place while the tickets are on sale. After the horse as bolted or what!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Just noticed a meeting is taking place while the tickets are on sale. After the horse as bolted or what!
    Spedger
    Think the meeting was always scheduled, this just became a topic on the agenda.

If 3000 said they are going and we sell out and take our full allocation and they all turn up then there isn't going to be an issue. If only 400 hundred turn up then its something to discuss. People just love a kerfuffle over something that hasn't even happened yet.

Exactly. I was under the impression it would be easy to get a ticket for this one. I booked Air travel and hotel already. I am in Stage 3, (two aways) so at £3.50 per ticket I got no chance I reckon. There is some talk of maybe having a 'pick the ticket up in Serbia', which would deter people buying them up to gain loyalty points. But I am not optimistic on that one.
    Spedger
    It does seem odd and not particularly fair.

I have 3 aways and that only qualifies me for Stage Two.

Spedger

Not at all as I believe the plan is to implement the checks for this game & this can be done before the tickets have been posted/collected.

The FAW has a difficult job in pleasing everyone here as I know that some who have followed Wales away for many years are against additional red tape which will come with such checks, with the argument being that most people who are in stage 1 are there for a reason i.e. they actually go to games & have shown great loyalty over the years. By way of comparison last time we played in Serbia I think we took about 650 supporters & I would not mind betting that the majority of those are in stage 1 & will be in Belgrade in June. As I said further up the thread, personally I am not against checks as long as they are not too onerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It does seem odd and not particularly fair.

I have 3 aways and that only qualifies me for Stage Two.

I think that the scheme in isolation is fair as the key intention is to reward the loyal supporters who have invested a lot of time, effort & cash to follow the national team over the years, not just when we have had a bit of success. As I said further up the thread with 4 out of the last 9 away games required you don't need to be a super fan to qualify for stage 1. If some are abusing their position in the pecking order then I don't agree with this although I am pretty confident that such instances will not be widespread

Not at all as I believe the plan is to implement the checks for this game & this can be done before the tickets have been posted/collected.

The FAW has a difficult job in pleasing everyone here as I know that some who have followed Wales away for many years are against additional red tape which will come with such checks, with the argument being that most people who are in stage 1 are there for a reason i.e. they actually go to games & have shown great loyalty over the years. By way of comparison last time we played in Serbia I think we took about 650 supporters & I would not mind betting that the majority of those are in stage 1 & will be in Belgrade in June. As I said further up the thread, personally I am not against checks as long as they are not too onerous.
    I always get a form from the FAW to complete before away tickets are provided when travelling to watch Wales away, that requires details about method of travel, hotel etc. Isn't that how they check to see if people actually go (quite how they check, I don't know though)?

Or is it just me that gets the form? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I always get a form from the FAW to complete before away tickets are provided when travelling to watch Wales away, that requires details about method of travel, hotel etc. Isn't that how they check to see if people actually go (quite how they check, I don't know though)?

Or is it just me that gets the form? LOL

The form has been used for years & has to be completed for everyone who wants a ticket for a particular away game. I may be wrong but my understanding is that the form is mainly for the benefit of the police so that they see who is travelling, when they are leaving/returning & where they are staying. That said there is no easy way to check that what people say on their form is correct so this would not be a fool proof way of checking that people actually go. This is a new issue as before the last campaign there would be little point in anyone buying tickets if they were not going to the game & I hope that a common sense approach can be found which will keep the majority of people happy

Tickets now sold out after reaching Stage 4 which means that all of those travelling to Serbia who have attended 2 out of the last 9 away games were able to purchase a ticket & some (around 200 I believe) who attended 1/9 were also able to get a ticket. Some people were anxious about the loyalty system being unfair & open to abuse so hopefully this will alleviate some of those concerns.

It is great to see so many travelling to Belgrade & hopefully we can cheer the team onto a much needed victory!