+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lamouchi and Bamba....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lamouchi and Bamba....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm just a bit puzzled by the enthusiasm of some. You have a few people who post here regularly who give the impression that they know anything and everything there is to know about other teams, their players and managers. I'm certainly not one of those, I have to do a bit of research. But what I do remember about Lamouchi's Forest side is that they weren't exactly thrilling to watch and they didn't score many goals. And, of course, I remember their incredible end-of-season belly-flop.

I also remember Forest were hopeless at the start of the following season and that City were one of the sides who beat them before Lamouchi was sacked. Therefore, I'm a little surprised at the apparent excitement regarding this appointment.

He certainly seems to have brought about an improvement in both Rennes and Forest in the short-term, and City badly need something like that to happen. However, his record suggests the effect didn't last long at either club.
    It’s normally a good indicator of a manager in what a previous set of fans think and Forest fans seem pretty unanimous in holding a very positive opinion of him which is a big plus. Common take seems to be their season came to a stop with the covid break and couldn’t get going again after whilst behind closed doors. Not an unusual story and pretty encouraging on the whole.

I don’t think anyone thinks we have secured the next Pep but with the previous few managers, some of the names being chucked around over the last week and the betting list, I think people are entitled to feel optimistic it will be a good move

Re: Lamouchi and Bamba....

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    It’s normally a good indicator of a manager in what a previous set of fans think and Forest fans seem pretty unanimous in holding a very positive opinion of him which is a big plus. Common take seems to be their season came to a stop with the covid break and couldn’t get going again after whilst behind closed doors. Not an unusual story and pretty encouraging on the whole.

I don’t think anyone thinks we have secured the next Pep but with the previous few managers, some of the names being chucked around over the last week and the betting list, I think people are entitled to feel optimistic it will be a good move
    Interesting to look at the table on the last weekend before the Covid shutdown in March 2020, and the final table.

March 2020:

1 - Leeds Utd
    2 - West Brom
    3 - Fulham
    4 - Brentford
    5 - Forest
    6 - Preston
    7 - Bristol City
    8 - Millwall
    9 - Cardiff
    10 - Blackburn

Final table:

1 - Leeds Utd
    2 - West Brom
    3 - Brentford
    4 - Fulham
    5 - Cardiff
    6 - Swansea
    7 - Forest
    8 - Millwall
    9 - Preston
    10 - Derby

Perhaps we should bring that Neil Harris fella back. He knew the time of day.