+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How can Jersey be so far ahead of us ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post

I would be seriously concerned if I was on furlough, I think people on furlough need to be aware that some companies are operating fairly well without their efforts. The ones I talk to think it's "great", "Full wage and I'm sat in the garden" type comments. I don't want to see people struggle, but this is the same Government that used to be disparaging against people on benefits.
    Furlough is one step from redundancy, I’m surprised people can’t see that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Furlough is one step from redundancy, I’m surprised people can’t see that.
    Some companies are operating fine (albeit with lower production) without the furloughed workers. Those companies that are furloughing all their staff are likely to be returning as a smaller concern. The bigger companies will be thinking "How do we automate this so that, the next time a pandemic happens, we can carry on as normal". There will be reassessments in all companies, I think. "Efficiencies" is a word I expect to hear a lot of.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Some companies are operating fine (albeit with lower production) without the furloughed workers. Those companies that are furloughing all their staff are likely to be returning as a smaller concern. The bigger companies will be thinking "How do we automate this so that, the next time a pandemic happens, we can carry on as normal". There will be reassessments in all companies, I think. "Efficiencies" is a word I expect to hear a lot of.
    I was in a local printers the other day , they were operating at 80% of revenue with 30% staff. They had changed the type of work they were doing.
    Their staff wont all be getting their positions back
    Its seems to be the same story everywhere that is still working.
    A good opportunity to lay off the lazy workers .