+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: French voters show Welsh the way

French voters show Welsh the way

But of course the 'vote labour because we vote labour' brigade would never boot both the Tories and Labour out of Wales. Wales will always therefore be run by politicians who have sold out to these English parties. There is only one choice for me, Plaid Cymru the party of Wales and the Welsh people

Re: French voters show Welsh the way

Saw a lot of Plaid Cymru placards when I was going through Ely earlier, none for Labour

Should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Saw a lot of Plaid Cymru placards when I was going through Ely earlier, none for Labour

Should be interesting
    Kick Labour and Conservatives out of Wales for good

It is all good in theory. A welsh party fighting for Wales.

But plaid want independence yet they have gone very, very quiet on that fact.

Until they provide some logical plans for independence then they can do one.

Just because they're welsh doesn't mean I should trust them.

Wales' GDP 55 billion. England's GDP 2 trillion.

How much of our 55 billion is reliant on England v how much of England's 2 trillion is reliant on us?.

I think people genuinely don't care if Welsh life turned to abject poverty, as long as the UK died they'd be happy.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 24-04-17 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Should be interesting
    Cardiff West will be nearly 100% plaid come the locals, it's a really strong area. Shame the Cardiff west constituency for the GE is looking to be a tory one

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/elections...eral-election/

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

How much of our 55 billion is reliant on England v how much of England's 2 trillion is reliant on us?.

I think people genuinely don't care if Welsh life turned to abject poverty, as long as the UK died they'd be happy.
    The fact that Wales's GDP is so low compared to England's, when it's the English that have been in control for 500 years is an amazing argument for independence, not against it.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    But of course the 'vote labour because we vote labour' brigade would never boot both the Tories and Labour out of Wales. Wales will always therefore be run by politicians who have sold out to these English parties. There is only one choice for me, Plaid Cymru the party of Wales and the Welsh people
    Peter Frampton did , nobody followed

Just because they believe in independence doesn't mean as soon as they have a majority they're going to say "That's it, we're out"

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    That's an interesting spin you put on it.

Did you vote Leave or Remain ?
    just saying it how it is mate. Voted to stay

Wales and Scotland to rejoin the EU when we finally free ourselves from Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    So if you voted to stay - I presume it was because of the economic benefits (perceived or otherwise) that Wales received from the EU ?

In which case why would you choose to leave the UK ? - with whom we get all that money and trade and jobs.

Or would you like Wales to re apply to join the EU, adopt the Euro as the currency etc ?

Personally I want to be part of the UK - one country - 4 nations. Maybe after we are independent the people of North Wales would want to split with the rest of Wales - to form the 'real Wales' and have a new capital - where would it end. Anglessey would be the Welsh tax haven after the independent Caldey Island
    I voted to stay because the risk wasnt worth the reward. There was nothing for Wales to gain from voting for brexit, so why bother losing the money?
    In the case of independence, the gain would be massive, so (IMO) the risk of losing the funding from westminster is worth the reward.

I must add, had Wales been independent, and we have a 'Waxit', then my vote wouldn't have been so clear (I'd probably have verged on leave tbh).

Can I ask, had you ever thought of Wales' economy being so poor being used as a point for independence before? It's exactly as I see it, but I don't think others will have thought of it that way.

I've never considered Plaid but this time Im voting for them. The English parties have had enough chances in Wales but have continuously failed.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I voted to stay because the risk wasnt worth the reward. There was nothing for Wales to gain from voting for brexit, so why bother losing the money?
    In the case of independence, the gain would be massive, so (IMO) the risk of losing the funding from westminster is worth the reward.

I must add, had Wales been independent, and we have a 'Waxit', then my vote wouldn't have been so clear (I'd probably have verged on leave tbh).

Can I ask, had you ever thought of Wales' economy being so poor being used as a point for independence before? It's exactly as I see it, but I don't think others will have thought of it that way.
    go on....

Wales and Scotland to rejoin the EU when we finally free ourselves from Parliament
    You do realise that Wales overwhelmingly voted to leave the EU yeah?

The fact that Wales's GDP is so low compared to England's, when it's the English that have been in control for 500 years is an amazing argument for independence, not against it.
    Yes because a country of 3 million should have a higher GDP than a country of over 50.

A country that once ruled the world and has quite possibly the most powerful city on the planet.

You are in a dream world thinking we should compete.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 05-05-17 at 10:04.

Yes because a country of 3 million should have a higher GDP than a country of over 50.

A country that once ruled the world and has quite possibly the most powerful city on the planet.

You are in a dream world thinking we should compete.
    Can you point to anything I said that mentioned we should have a higher GDP? If we went purely on population, we have about 1/20th of the population, yet we have 1/40th of the GDP.

It makes even less sense when we think that most of the coal that funded, as you say, England's empire came from our bloody land!

It's not about competing with the richest countries, we can't do that. But the state Wales is in now isn't the best it gets, I don't accept that. I hope you don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    go on....
    Well, for starters we'd be able to make our own laws, make profit on what we export etc.

Perhaps I should have said potential gains.

Well, for starters we'd be able to make our own laws, make profit on what we export etc.

Perhaps I should have said potential gains.
    Fully agree but unfortunately most Welsh voters like to be tied to parliaments apron strings and fear positive change

No thanks