+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin news

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bitcoin news

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    The Bitcoin fork is only days away now.
    It occurs on 1st August.
    Nervousness about this fork has caused the price to stabilise for some months.

The fork is to enable the new cash bitcoins to transact more quickly. So you can buy a beer with it for example. The new cash bitcoins will use Segwit Technology to speed up clearance.
    Segwit is short for segregated witness a process where transactions are verified in smaller blocks (or less users) before full blockchain incorporation later. That's the idea. Some are worrying about orphaned blocks.

The news is that Coinbase the main (man in the street) source of the Cryptocurrency are not taking the fork so investors with their Bitcoin held by Coinbase will be staying with the original Bitcoin software coding.

I foresee an earthquake like move upward in the Bitcoin price soon after the fork.
    10 -15 % gains are likely.

Don't go anywhere near these cryptocurrencies unless you have free money to gamble with. You have to assume the whole thing may implode. It won't but assume it may.
    I think you meant de-stabilise, right? ... the price of Bitcoin this last month has been particularly volatile, swings of 300GBP in a single day. Bitcoin had dropped to 1,300GBP only a week ago and is currently back up around the 2,100GBP mark.
    Uncertainty over the fork and also a large number of ICO's being issued this month (paid for mostly with Bitcoin and then dumped for fiat currency) resulted in Bitcoin price plummeting.

Certainly not for the faint-hearted is cryptocurrency!

I recently bought 6 Ethereum coins and need the price to hit 180GBP just to break even (149GBP as we speak).

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think you meant de-stabilise, right? ... the price of Bitcoin this last month has been particularly volatile, swings of 300GBP in a single day. Bitcoin had dropped to 1,300GBP only a week ago and is currently back up around the 2,100GBP mark.
    Uncertainty over the fork and also a large number of ICO's being issued this month (paid for mostly with Bitcoin and then dumped for fiat currency) resulted in Bitcoin price plummeting.

I recently bought 6 Ethereum coins and need the price to hit 180GBP just to break even (149GBP as we speak).
    I wouldn't worry about ETH, that will come good if you hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I wouldn't worry about ETH, that will come good if you hold it.
    Yeah, I have faith in Ethereum in the long run.

However, I think the key to making a real killing in crypto-currencies is to get in early through an ICO. I missed the boat on the recent crowdfund of Tezos.

Anyway, if John McAfee (yes, he of the anti-virus company) is to be believed then I can look forward to a life of leisure in the not too distant future....
    https://thebitcoinnews.com/john-mcaf...n-three-years/

... it doesn't mention it in that article but he also predicts Ethereum will hit $200,000 per coin ... bullish or what!!!

Chill I have 5 Ether and I need £230 to be level. Mind you I am 6 Grand up on my Bitcoin 😂

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Chill I have 5 Ether and I need £230 to be level. Mind you I am 6 Grand up on my Bitcoin ��
    You'll be able to buy the City off Tan very soon ......

Thanks for that, can't wait for your next update

You'll be able to buy the City off Tan very soon ......

If you believe Fox News, then a Bitcoin could be worth $1 billion soon...

...which would put the market value of Bitcoin overall as 205,000 times greater than the entire world's annual GDP.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fox-...ach-1-billion/