+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 11 years today since the Cup final

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

I always thought that that day in 2008 was proof of the old saying “it is better to travel than arrive” the build up from semi final victory onwards was fantastic. The anticipation of the day was exciting, got butterflies in the stomach travelling up then the news of the team selection was disappointing and then the game started in it went downhill from there. The train journey back to High Wycombe station to collect my car and subsequent trip home was absolutely miserable. Like to do it again though.

Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I always thought that that day in 2008 was proof of the old saying “it is better to travel than arrive” the build up from semi final victory onwards was fantastic. The anticipation of the day was exciting, got butterflies in the stomach travelling up then the news of the team selection was disappointing and then the game started in it went downhill from there. The train journey back to High Wycombe station to collect my car and subsequent trip home was absolutely miserable. Like to do it again though.
    I have similar memories. The build-up was good fun but the day of the final wasn't particularly enjoyable and the game itself was really poor. It genuinely wouldn't rate in the top fifty days I had supporting City. Sadly, it fell into the 'instantly forgettable' bracket despite the significance of the event.

By contrast, the League Cup final was a great day out and a brilliant game.