+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rather Neil Than Me

Rather Neil Than Me

If Gunnar & Kenneth are fit as well, tomorrow's starting eleven must have so many permatations. All managers seem to agree that having loads of options is fantastic, thank God that they're the manager & not me then. I could sit down all day today, look at form, ability, formations etc & temperament ( we know which player this concerns in a probable volatile atmosphere) & still contradict myself many times. Tomorrow's team sheet is going to be the most eagerly anticipated so far this season in my opinion. My perfect scenario would be for Tomlin to start and have a blinding first 15 minutes, perhaps put us ahead or have a hand in a goal, really to wind up the Wurzels, my nightmare would be for Tomlin to start, misplace a few passes, commit a few innocuous fouls (that their crowd would view as mass murder) resulting in him being wound up. I know after stating permatations I've concentrated on one player but, if playing, tomorrow he's Prince Charming to us and the pantomime villain to them. Interesting times to say the least, please get it right Neil, especially because it's against those bastards!!!!🙏

Re: Rather Neil Than Me

Tomlin is a tough choice, he would of course want to start and show them what they are missing
    But as you said, a volatile environment could very easily turn sour or he could bag a few goals and tear them a new one

Play Tomlin. If they are concentrating on him then maybe it will free up attention from Hoilett n NML. Hope Gunnar is fit. I don't think this will be a game where you can be at 80% odd fit. I know Tomlin is but then he always is if you believe what you read. I just think players like him love playing against their old teams. Yes he can get wound up, everybody else will be as well. It's the wurzels after all and the atmosphere should be cracking. I still think he will come off the bench however.

Banned

Got to be the same startling eleven. Bogle and Tomlin deserve to keep their place. Zohore and Gunnar will have to wait their chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Got to be the same startling eleven. Bogle and Tomlin deserve to keep their place. Zohore and Gunnar will have to wait their chance.
    I kind of agree but I suppose it's horses for courses.

Ipswich played with 3 defensive midfielders and their only thought was shutting us down.

Bristol are full of confidence at the moment and will play on the front foot, but if Zohore, Hoilett and Mendez-Laing play anything near as well as they played in Wolves then I think we'll be alright.

Lee Tomlin should actually be thankful that his manager is Neil Warnock.
    It will take a fair amount of focus of dislike from him....

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    What about your predicament? Despised by the whole ground 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    You are wanted in 'The Bristol Captain Banned' post to answer charges of being strange and also to give your views/excuses about the captain of your football team cheating.

We looked lost without Tomlin against Ipswich