+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Public sector workers - again

Re: Public sector workers - again

Whether it's private or public sector, there are lazy bastards in both camps who let their respective industries down. My wife works in the public sector but as people are leaving, they are not being replaced, and the work left is shared amongst those left behind. Very rarely does my wife get home from work and not go on her laptop to complete some work. Don't tar everybody in the public sector with the same brush and if you can't beat em,join em.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Whether it's private or public sector, there are lazy bastards in both camps who let their respective industries down. My wife works in the public sector but as people are leaving, they are not being replaced, and the work left is shared amongst those left behind. Very rarely does my wife get home from work and not go on her laptop to complete some work. Don't tar everybody in the public sector with the same brush and if you can't beat em,join em.
    While there is undoubtedly inefficiency in the public sector that one would ideally like to see removed, the majority of it is hardworking people who want to do the best for their communities and are being asked to do more and more with less and less.

i have worked in both sectors. however i did a stint at the bbc once and they are by far the lazyest ****ers i have ever known they smoke dope in the carparks and spend the day in the on site bar.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ok I'll guess it was a joke...
    Perhaps?

Still as I'm looking over Cardigan Bay in my cottage, with a sauvignon blanc in hand and wondering to whether or not 'work from home' on Monday (the traffic on a Sunday from West Wales can be a nightmare), I'll reflect on Watcliffs opinion of me, my job and my productive output and not give one flying ****.

Up the workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Perhaps?

Still as I'm looking over Cardigan Bay in my cottage, with a sauvignon blanc in hand and wondering to whether or not 'work from home' on Monday (the traffic on a Sunday from West Wales can be a nightmare), I'll reflect on Watcliffs opinion of me, my job and my productive output and not give one flying ****.

Up the workers.
    Oh how selfishly lovely for you. Voluntary work is much more rewarding than wallowing in your perceived idol success, give it a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Oh how selfishly lovely for you. Voluntary work is much more rewarding than wallowing in your perceived idol success, give it a try?

Hark at David Cameron here advocating the big society bollocks. Voluntary work, isn't it for those who can't get a job and looking for experience.

One of Thatchers kids me, free market, get what you can, exploit it to the maximum then bragg about it constantly.

I hope that halo you're wearing pays off.

Up the workers.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I think it's fair to say Teachers, Nurses, Police Officers, Probation Officers in this day and age will thank you for your references copied and pasted from the Daily mail messageboard in regards to lazy tea swilling bastards.

A qualifying paragraph at the start of your post doesn't disguise your contempt.
    no contempt from me, i have only posted about my experience in the local council, no copy and pasting be it from the Daily Mail or any other news outlet

i am pretty sure people on here know how much i respect our Police, Nurses and Teachers ( I will add armed forces into that list aswell ) , not sure about probation officers, never had any dealings with them or known any

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My comment was aimed at people I've worked with in the private sector Matt.

My point being a shirker is a shirker wether he / she works in either sector.

There's workers and shirkers in every industry regardless of sector.
    my mistake, though my post about the local council still stands

I have also worked for both the Public and Private sector, imho you get found out and binned a little quicker in the Public sector

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    no contempt from me, i have only posted about my experience in the local council, no copy and pasting be it from the Daily Mail or any other news outlet

i am pretty sure people on here know how much i respect our Police, Nurses and Teachers ( I will add armed forces into that list aswell ) , not sure about probation officers, never had any dealings with them or known any
    Maybe I read it wrong and I was In a shut mood earlier. So 👍

Whoever said it about people leaving these services ( I'm one for example ) and not being replaced has got it spot on. He probantion service is an example of that .

the public sector is going to the dogs, trust me with the lack of staff I'm amazed they're hasn't been more serious repurcussions.

Lots of the old probation service is now in the private sector (about 70%). Hows that working out?

Just saying.

Lots of the old probation service is now in the private sector (about 70%). Hows that working out?

Just saying.
    Particulary dreadful. Case loads in excess of 50 peapple, phone in type appointments and that murder in Rest Bay was a tragic example of people it being managed properly.

The public sector version is in trouble but slightly less numbers per case manager.

Although with the national probantion service the type of offender is classified as a higher risk.

Great job for 220000 a year start off.....not

The public sector is being deliberately run down into the ground by the Theresa May party. Its ideological.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    i have worked in both sectors. however i did a stint at the bbc once and they are by far the lazyest ****ers i have ever known they smoke dope in the carparks and spend the day in the on site bar.
    You ain't feckin joking.My 2 lads see it first hand.If it wasn't my 2 boys telling me about the shenanigans I wouldn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The public sector is being deliberately run down into the ground by the Theresa May party. Its ideological.
    Free market spirit and everything in the private sector will improve all service quality and reduce costs though mate.

There's no way we'd be paying for people who do **** all and milk their industry for millions in salary and more in 'bonuses' which means more expense to the consumer.

Oh hang on...

Watcliff the poor, simple misguided, daily mail reading ****wit just hasn't got a scooby. The fact he can't see a bite speaks ****ing volumes about the empty headed plum.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's too many who perceive public sector workers as flabby middle management tea-swilling layabouts who do next to feck all for 30 years before waddling off with a juicy final salary pension aged 55. Yeah, there's loads of excess desk jockeys but the majority do valuable work. They are being robbed with continuous below inflation pay rises every year.
    You are SLUDGE FACTORY and I claim my five pounds.

Free market spirit and everything in the private sector will improve all service quality and reduce costs though mate.

There's no way we'd be paying for people who do **** all and milk their industry for millions in salary and more in 'bonuses' which means more expense to the consumer.

Oh hang on...

Watcliff the poor, simple misguided, daily mail reading ****wit just hasn't got a scooby. The fact he can't see a bite speaks ****ing volumes about the empty headed plum.
    Daily Mail reading

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Maybe I read it wrong and I was In a shut mood earlier. So 👍

Whoever said it about people leaving these services ( I'm one for example ) and not being replaced has got it spot on. He probantion service is an example of that .

the public sector is going to the dogs, trust me with the lack of staff I'm amazed they're hasn't been more serious repurcussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Daily Mail reading
    The rest is right though

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    And that's just the newsreaders.