Thread: Vast Collection of Cardiff City Memorabilia for sale at Auction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vast Collection of Cardiff City Memorabilia for sale at Auction

So who is it - the author?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    The two people who seem to know i.e. Cardiff55 and TLG are being very coy about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The two people who seem to know i.e. Cardiff55 and TLG are being very coy about the whole thing.
    I'm not being coy about it. If the owner of these items wants his identity to be known that's his business, not mine. However, I will say that his identity should be blatantly obvious to anyone who has a genuine interest in the club's history, particularly if they were following the club in the 1980's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm not being coy about it. If the owner of these items wants his identity to be known that's his business, not mine. However, I will say that his identity should be blatantly obvious to anyone who has a genuine interest in the club's history, particularly if they were following the club in the 1980's.
    I’m fully aware who’s lots these are......sadly I don’t think the club will give two seconds of interest

Quote Originally Posted by @CCFCProgrammes View Post
    I’m fully aware who’s lots these are......sadly I don’t think the club will give two seconds of interest
    I'm sure one of the directors will be interested, but the club itself? Probably not.

When some of these items were given to the owner back in the Eighties, they had almost certainly been sat in a box in a Ninian Park storeroom for decades gathering dust. Personally, I'm very glad that he gained access to them when he did for two reasons - firstly, his countless hours of research with them has gone a long way towards ensuring that the history of the club is well-documented and, secondly, if he hadn't taken ownership of them in the Eighties, some of the items would almost certainly have been thrown away long ago.

Lot 869, vinyl contains recordings of the 1927 triump, including first ever sung "Abide with me" at the FA Cup final.

It would be a snip at £100 to £150!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Not the author you're thinking of.