+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Laces

Re: Rainbow Laces

Im all for them having their own bars. Dont have to watch them mincing about and screeching when trying to watch the football down my local.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Oh ok. Should work itself out. Ok then.
    No need to advertise for what a company needs as some bloke on the internet said it will all work out

Should always be the best man for the job. Unfortunately this lot need to hit a certain quota..imagine going for a job, being the beat candidate, and missing out because you're not an ethnic minority...sometimes it's just best to advertise for what they need...
    He lives in fantasy land that one.

Oh ok. Should work itself out. Ok then.
    No need to advertise for what a company needs as some bloke on the internet said it will all work out

Should always be the best man for the job. Unfortunately this lot need to hit a certain quota..imagine going for a job, being the beat candidate, and missing out because you're not an ethnic minority...sometimes it's just best to advertise for what they need...
    What do you mean, statistically it should work itself out. If you're always employing the best person for the job it should accurately reflect the sociology of the society.

I agree the company doesn't need to advertise, I'm saying I think that application is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What do you mean, statistically it should work itself out. If you're always employing the best person for the job it should accurately reflect the sociology of the society.

I agree the company doesn't need to advertise, I'm saying I think that application is stupid.
    10000 go for 100 jobs.

What if the top 100 are all white. How do they hit a quota then?
    I don't think it's right they can advertise like this, as there would be uproar if it was whites only, but seeing as most of the people working there are likely white.. they are just asking for what they need to please the pc brigade.

10000 go for 100 jobs.

I don't think it's right they can advertise like this, as there would be uproar if it was whites only, but seeing as most of the people working there are likely white.. they are just asking for what they need to please the pc brigade.

Pleasing the pc brigade
    I say fack em

10000 go for 100 jobs.

Statisticaly 98 out of 100 should be white.

The quotas aren't there to be met, or at least they shouldn't be, they should just be used so everyone gets a fair chance at the interview stage because historically that hasn't happened.

It isn't just to do with skin colour though, women are definitely under represented in a lot of sectors too.

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    Pleasing the pc brigade
    I say fack em
    It isn't to please the PC brigade though, its to make sure everyone gets a fair chance Because they weren't getting that based on their sex or their race.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am out of here , this site is turning more fecking ignorant by the day ......the homeless, big issue sellers , gays , them bloody ethnics , is there anyone else ?

The disabled ? Single parents ? People who drive a ford focus ?

Jesus wept
    Too many people taking everything the right wing media takes as gospel and getting taken in by the fear mongering.

It isn't to please the PC brigade though, its to make sure everyone gets a fair chance Because they weren't getting that based on their sex or their race.
    But its not though is it

But its not though is it
    Yes it is, how many companies have you worked in where any minority is over represented?

My last uk office was in central London and there were 2 black guys in an office of hundreds.

The way people are going on it's like white people are being squeezed out when they aren't. The best people are still being employed and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am out of here , this site is turning more fecking ignorant by the day ......the homeless, big issue sellers , gays , them bloody ethnics , is there anyone else ?

The disabled ? Single parents ? People who drive a ford focus ?

Jesus wept
    Thank **** for that. We might have something that slightly resembles a football forum without all the shit "look at me,me,me" threads you start.

Flouncing because people dont agree with you.

Shut the door on your way out you drama queen.

The way people are going on it's like white people are being squeezed out when they aren't. The best people are still being employed and always will be.

From that advert they are not being squeezed out, they are not even being let in

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    From that advert they are not being squeezed out, they are not even being let in
    It could be a one off but yeah I think it's ridiculous to put out an advert like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Thank **** for that. We might have something that slightly resembles a football forum without all the shit "look at me,me,me" threads you start.

Flouncing because people dont agree with you. What an absolute quim.

Shut the door on your way out you drama queen.
    No one is forcing you to open the threads snowflake, you could just ignore them if they don't interest you. That's what I do with your posts and it works for me.

No one is forcing you to open the threads snowflake, you could just ignore them if they don't interest you. That's what I do with your posts and it works for me.
    Clearly

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4811700]Yes it is, how many companies have you worked in where any minority is over represented?

My last uk office was in central London and there were 2 black guys in an office of hundreds.

well "2 black guys" is represented for every 100 employees is about right
    so you don't agree the best man/person gets the job
    the point I am making the ad for the job is totally out of order
    it would be totally out of order if it just asked for white people

I am the only non English Male here in my work environment (I am in Kent)
    I got the job because I was the best person to fill the post (not because there wasn't any taffs working here...im the only one)
    by your rational there should be more of us here
    I have interviewed people for jobs here
    gender, ethnicity , sexual persuasion have never been a factor in who I give the job too
    im certainly not giving a job purely for tokenism
    that would be unfair on the person who should get the job in the first place
    surely it would

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Clearly
    Thats the first and this the last response you'll get from me. Someone clearly as thick as you isn't worth the time 👋

[QUOTE=I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS;4811718]
    Yes it is, how many companies have you worked in where any minority is over represented?

well "2 black guys" is represented for every 100 employees is about right
    so you don't agree the best man/person gets the job
    the point I am making the ad for the job is totally out of order
    it would be totally out of order if it just asked for white people

I am the only non English Male here in my work environment (I am in Kent)
    I got the job because I was the best person to fill the post (not because there wasn't any taffs working here...im the only one)
    by your rational there should be more of us here
    I have interviewed people for jobs here
    gender, ethnicity , sexual persuasion have never been a factor in who I give the job too
    im certainly not giving a job purely for tokenism
    that would be unfair on the person who should get the job in the first place
    surely it would
    I think we are basically in complete agreement tbh. I think the problem is not everyone was as open as you when hiring people so quotas were brought in to try and give everyone a fair shot when that hasn't always happened.

The best person for the job should always be the one who gets it.

It could be a one off but yeah I think it's ridiculous to put out an advert like that.
    It seems to be a BBC policy to target trainee posts at under-represented communities. The usual tabloids got their union jack knickers in a twist about this 18 months ago - and the BBC set out its stance then. Doesn't appear to have changed if the advert is genuine:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36443113

It is an ethical and legal minefield, but I don't mind what they're doing if it is just selected trainee positions - provided that anyone can apply for proper jobs. Even then I am happy with ensuring a range of applicants are shortlisted as long as the appointment criteria apply equally to all candidates.

I might take more notice of the criticism if the opponents of this were equally worried about historic discrimination perpetuated through recruitment in the recruiters own likeness, the leg up predominantly white middle class kids get through internships (connections and money needed to start career) and any other hurdles and abuses in the labour market.

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4811722]

I think we are basically in complete agreement tbh. I think the problem is not everyone was as open as you when hiring people so quotas were brought in to try and give everyone a fair shot when that hasn't always happened.

so maybe the idea of quotas are the problem crosey
    because they can be exploited mate

Statisticaly 98 out of 100 should be white.

The quotas aren't there to be met, or at least they shouldn't be, they should just be used so everyone gets a fair chance at the interview stage because historically that hasn't happened.

It isn't just to do with skin colour though, women are definitely under represented in a lot of sectors too.
    98 percent of the working population white is It? I honestly wouldn't know.
    Agree with the rest.

I do like the " officially " matt
    well ive noticed a class preference with the bbc
    as opposed to ethnicity
    it makes you laugh don't it
    what ever happened to
    "best man/woman for the job"
    "work hard and you will be rewarded"
    Hmmmm what about if you are " gender neutral "

seriously though, back in the old days we know that we used to discriminate against ethnic minorities, we appear to have gone full circle now

best person for the job is the way it should be, the more people who challenge the situation we are in now, the quicker the balance will readdress itself, if we pander to the situation it will only get worse

98 percent of the working population white is It? I honestly wouldn't know.
    Agree with the rest.
    I think about 90% of the uk is white, I know in my industry it's around that. Would be shocked if its different in many sectors but I can't find anything on the ONS about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It seems to be a BBC policy to target trainee posts at under-represented communities.
    Not just the BBC, the Police are at it aswell

[QUOTE=Croesy Blue;4811722]

so maybe the idea of quotas are the problem crosey
    because they can be exploited mate