+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Outstanding Contribution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Outstanding Contribution

Really needs to be sorted and still praying it will be, though am doubtful.

With the suggestion that we are going to be more attacking next season and have a good go at finishing top 6, then having Whitts in the squad is a must surely. He thrives on attacking football and having more attacking options would surely give him the opportunity to do what he does best.

He's not going to play every week and there will be games when we want to try and be more energetic in the middle of the park, but there are games where he could really be vital to us. There are very few central midfielders in the championship who could offer what he does, certainly not at a much higher cost.

The guy has had numerous opportunities to go elsewhere and has stuck by us through thick and thing. Yes, he's earned a lot of money doing so, but he could easily have earned more money by moving to West Ham or WBA, by pushing for a move when their offers were on the table.

Loyalty in football is pretty much dead, Whitts is one of the exceptions and every effort should be made to repay his loyalty to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Really needs to be sorted and still praying it will be, though am doubtful.

With the suggestion that we are going to be more attacking next season and have a good go at finishing top 6, then having Whitts in the squad is a must surely. He thrives on attacking football and having more attacking options would surely give him the opportunity to do what he does best.

He's not going to play every week and there will be games when we want to try and be more energetic in the middle of the park, but there are games where he could really be vital to us. There are very few central midfielders in the championship who could offer what he does, certainly not at a much higher cost.

The guy has had numerous opportunities to go elsewhere and has stuck by us through thick and thing. Yes, he's earned a lot of money doing so, but he could easily have earned more money by moving to West Ham or WBA, by pushing for a move when their offers were on the table.

Loyalty in football is pretty much dead, Whitts is one of the exceptions and every effort should be made to repay his loyalty to us.
    I really hope he stays, still has plenty to contribute. My mate was taking to him at the awards do the other night and he says he wants to stay but hasn't yet been offered a deal. Presumably that will come in the next week or two.
    One thing I hope is that the club do a better job of sorting out a testimonial than they did with Super Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I really hope he stays, still has plenty to contribute. My mate was taking to him at the awards do the other night and he says he wants to stay but hasn't yet been offered a deal. Presumably that will come in the next week or two.
    One thing I hope is that the club do a better job of sorting out a testimonial than they did with Super Kev.

I also hope that he stays although it does need to be on sensible money.

Not sure if your mate got the wrong end of the stick or someone is fibbing as Warnock has been very clear in saying that Whitts has been offered a new deal:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ngham-12550560

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I also hope that he stays although it does need to be on sensible money.

Not sure if your mate got the wrong end of the stick or someone is fibbing as Warnock has been very clear in saying that Whitts has been offered a new deal:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ngham-12550560
    That was 3 months ago and it has since been taken off the table

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That was 3 months ago and it has since been taken off the table
    Also this -

The fan favourite – of whom supporters chant 'He scores when he wants'

So we've all been singing it wrong for years.