+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Idea for a signing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Idea for a signing

Talking of former midfielders, Haris Vuckic was released by Newcastle and signed for FC Twente, and Conor McAleny (less a midfielder but a versatile forward type) left Everton on a free and is now at Fleetwood. Just thought I'd mention it. I've no idea if they could've done a job for us but I thought they were quite promising at the time.

Re: Idea for a signing

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Talking of former midfielders, Haris Vuckic was released by Newcastle and signed for FC Twente, and Conor McAleny (less a midfielder but a versatile forward type) left Everton on a free and is now at Fleetwood. Just thought I'd mention it. I've no idea if they could've done a job for us but I thought they were quite promising at the time.
    McAleny, definitely. The type of player who could fit into any system, he's got goals in him too (10 in 14 starts at Oxford last season). Championship sides were interested, apparently, but he played under Rosler at Brentford and I'm guessing no one else was prepared to offer him a three year deal like Fleetwood have. I'd like to think we were one of the clubs taking an interest but, with his terrible injury record, I can understand the risks involved in giving him a long-term deal. A great signing for Fleetwood if he stays fit, it's a massive if though.