Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
That just about sums it up for Labour in Wales, they will get voted back in next time, regardless of what they do or dont do, because of the sheep mentality of welsh voters. In fact it sums it up for any political party that has a monopoly on Govt, luckily Westminister is not like Wales and at least there is a chance of either coalition or Labour - if they get their act together to challenge the Govt. Labour will never get in as long as they have a 250billion spending program in place though - in my opinion - we are going back to square 1 to Gordon Browns PFI explosion.
I think we need to step back from the sheep mentality of Labour voters everywhere as its not a nice statement , I 'm not a sheep and have voted Labour all my life , folk were greatly effected in Wales due to the Tories /Thatcherism .

However if you wanted to see evidence of Labour ( lets call it " ironic voting ") is the Brexit vote where it put two fingers up to Labour and voted for a worse right party than the Tories in UKIP ,then flooded back to Labour out of pure hatred of the Tories, but then backed a Labour party happy to have a greater free movement of Labour / immigration , no benefit caps , under the banner of inclusiveness, which is fine , but ironic ,as those issues were the core of the UKIP,mantra .

The Labour party for me has to provide evidence that not everything is for free and just funded from the public purse ,and no one challenges miss management of public funds ,and poor inefficiencies, we are in a different age now