+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this the sad end to what has been a great managerial career

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is this the sad end to what has been a great managerial career

You can be the best manager in the World, but if you have 4 centre forwards who aren’t scoring goals, then you’re fcuked.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    You can be the best manager in the World, but if you have 4 centre forwards who aren’t scoring goals, then you’re fcuked.
    If you were the best manager in the world you'd figure out a way of getting them the ball

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you were the best manager in the world you'd figure out a way of getting them the ball
    I just don’t think this is true. Most chances/shots in the league have we not?

Bogle has good chances today, Glatzel has missed loads. They’re just not good enough at putting them in

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I just don’t think this is true. Most chances/shots in the league have we not?

Bogle has good chances today, Glatzel has missed loads. They’re just not good enough at putting them in
    Have we really got the most chances/shots in the league? That is hugely surprising, it feels like we create very little. In that case I point you towards AfricanBluebird's point

Have we really got the most chances/shots in the league? That is hugely surprising, it feels like we create very little. In that case I point you towards AfricanBluebird's point
    No we haven't. We've had 217 shots, less than Leeds, West Brom, Fulham and Barnsley. Our shot accuracy is 32.7% - the 11th best record in the division.

Bogle had plenty of the ball.

He had 5 attempts on goal. 2 on target, 2 off target and one shot was blocked. He won every aerial he went up for. (all according to whoscored.com)

I meant generally throughout the season(s)

We'll have to agree to disagree I think, I don't agree with you that Warnock is the best manager in the world

I thought we did okay today after the opening 20 minutes or so and the first goal was vital.
    We didn't have a lot of luck prior to them scoring and Etheridge didn't have much to save (although it must be said his distribution again wasn't great).
    Trying to salvage something from the game with the limited resources we have never looked likely.

We have scraped points where perhaps we didn't deserve them but today was the opposite. What you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts.
    Our play off chances are now looking very slim.

However, for people to be calling for Warnock to be sacked at this stage need to ask themselves what good that would do us.

It seems now that VT won't invest in any sort of challenge and therefore would not offer any new manager any kind of war chest.
    The new manager would have to rely on what he has got, with perhaps the addition of a couple of loanees, for any short term success.
    I reckon the only type of manager that we could attract would be another Russell Slade type.

My hope now is that Warnock can get the team to battle (I don't agree with some saying some weren't trying btw) and give the fans something to cheer.
    We had better start getting used to mid table mediocrity, at best, for the foreseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    However, for people to be calling for Warnock to be sacked at this stage need to ask themselves what good that would do us.
    Give the new manager the rest of the season to mould a team in preparation for next season, rather than use next season as a preparatory season.

Flip the question on its head - what good is it for our progress that Warnock has the rest of this season?