+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Government in contempt of Parliament

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Government in contempt of Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Name an opposition that has ever done detail until election time? Labours idea is just that, an idea, they aren't negotiating with the EU so what use would detail be?

Once we have a different government (whenever that may be) it will be interesting to see if lifeonmars retains his preoccupation with the concept that the opposition isn't allowed to be critical of any policy without presenting specific and detailed alternatives.
    Of course they can be critical , I just feel on this matter alone its so critical to us all . Its not about revealing stuff before an election, that's general party policy you are talking about ,this is a unique situation .

An alternative detailed published plan would show a different view/direction , it could potentially unlock this impasse we are in , which the opposition have stated many times as " move over now , and let us negotiate this deal as you have failed ,after two years " , surely the same goes for the opposition , they too have had two years to compile something in detail , in case they gained power , and would have to negotiate a deal very quickly,in detail , it would probably deliver an election win as well if it was welcomed ?.

I know , I'm not a bright as most of you on these matters , I do realise you don't show all your cards on normal day to day policy , however I'm not that naive to suspect they have nothing in the way of an alternative plan , and are as limited in idea or solution than this government , therefore they too are balancing on a tightrope of politics , as much as the government is , because the country is split , European leaders will say and do, as they have with this deal , they are not going too climb down.

Perhaps its time for brave leadership , even if that means simply coming out and bravely saying "enough is enough" , "" were at an impasse we now want a second referendum "", which perhaps offers the people choice of being in the single customs union , with free movement of people without payment , or back in fully, or crash out .

I suspect though come Tuesday, Hilary Ben's “no to no deal” amendment vote will stop the main vote anyway and its all back in the soup .

Lets be brave , and stop point scoring for personal political gain at the cost of peoples futures .

I can only apologies you are unable too get my drift, or my meandering and my limited abilities don't touch your intellect and presented comment .

Re: Government in contempt of Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Of course they can be critical , I just feel on this matter alone its so critical to us all . Its not about revealing stuff before an election, that's general party policy you are talking about ,this is a unique situation .

An alternative detailed published plan would show a different view/direction , it could potentially unlock this impasse we are in , which the opposition have stated many times as " move over now , and let us negotiate this deal as you have failed ,after two years " , surely the same goes for the opposition , they too have had two years to compile something in detail , in case they gained power , and would have to negotiate a deal very quickly,in detail , it would probably deliver an election win as well if it was welcomed ?.

I know , I'm not a bright as most of you on these matters , I do realise you don't show all your cards on normal day to day policy , however I'm not that naive to suspect they have nothing in the way of an alternative plan , and are as limited in idea or solution than this government , therefore they too are balancing on a tightrope of politics , as much as the government is , because the country is split , European leaders will say and do, as they have with this deal , they are not going too climb down.

Perhaps its time for brave leadership , even if that means simply coming out and bravely saying "enough is enough" , "" were at an impasse we now want a second referendum "", which perhaps offers the people choice of being in the single customs union , with free movement of people without payment , or back in fully, or crash out .

I suspect though come Tuesday, Hilary Ben's “no to no deal” amendment vote will stop the main vote anyway and its all back in the soup .

Lets be brave , and stop point scoring for personal political gain at the cost of peoples futures .

I can only apologies you are unable too get my drift, or my meandering and my limited abilities don't touch your intellect and presented comment .
    Labour have set out a plan, but until they are in a position to negotiate with the EU there really isn't much point discussing its merit or lack thereof