+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car insurance question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Car insurance question

Can't help you with this one, but, the next policy you take out, have "protected no-claims" with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can't help you with this one, but, the next policy you take out, have "protected no-claims" with it.
    Doesn’t make any difference. They just increase the underlying premium. They get you all ways...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Doesn’t make any difference. They just increase the underlying premium. They get you all ways...
    Nope, I am with MORE THAN, and my insurance has not gone up in years, in fact I paid less for the van last year.

Just haggle on the phone, this internet insurance lark is shit !!!!

Talk to someone and you get a better price.

A machine can't give you discounts

Nope, I am with MORE THAN, and my insurance has not gone up in years, in fact I paid less for the van last year.

This - also have a figure you want to pay and tell this is what X company have quoted..

Not disagreeing that you can get better quotes by ringing up. Just saved £100/year on my contents and buildings from one phone call.

However there are 2 main elements to a car insurance quote. Your basic premium and then your no-claims. Your basic premium goes up if you've been involved in any form of insurance claim, even if it wasn't your fault, before they apply your no-claims discount.

Always worth ringing and clarifying that it was 'no fault' of yours but the OP's car is parked outside it sounds like, so there is a risk it could be hit again is how the insurers will see it unless he can say the car is now parked on a drive. Apparently this gets you a cheaper quote than leaving it in a garage as it seems people damage their cars in garages...