+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shouldn’t questions be asked as to why we only used three subs in a game which lasted 120 minutes though?

I have a quibble about what Ramsey was doing there as well, but, that apart, I wouldn’t be too critical - that Armenia defeat was what really buggered our chances up not Dan James or what Page did or didn’t do tonight.
    I missed the 2nd part of your reply for some reason. I would agree, The Armenia game was the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I missed the 2nd part of your reply for some reason. I would agree, The Armenia game was the killer.
    I added the second para after posting the message.

I see the team that won our group, Turkey, lost 6-1 to Austria tonight.

I was surprised at the starting line up but Brooks, as was proved, was not 100%, bringing him on was a gamble that failed to pay off. Thing is though despite the substitution, nothing changed. Perhaps bringing Moore off and moving Johnson inside would have been the plan B that could have thrown the Polish defence. Instead it was, more or less, like for like. I’d have liked to have seen Johnson in a central role with the ball on the deck. I like attacking substitutions to mix things up, to bring a different approach, unsettle defenders, especially central defenders who’ve had a 60 minute aerial, roughhouse battle to be suddenly finding themselves having to turn and chase a whippet.