• No

51 79.69%
  • LFW

4 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was losing Slade a mistake?

Banned

Was losing Slade a mistake?

Seeing that we are all over the shop on the pitch.

Re: Was losing Slade a mistake?

I think Slade had done his job (and a decent job too) of stabilising the team and I'm not sure he'd have taken us much further.

I think changing managers is always a gamble and the new manager deserves some bedding in time and time will tell if it was the right or wrong decision.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think Slade had done his job (and a decent job too) of stabilising the team and I'm not sure he'd have taken us much further.

I think changing managers is always a gamble and the new manager deserves some bedding in time and time will tell if it was the right or wrong decision.
    He's been with us 18 months. Bedding in time be fooked

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He's been with us 18 months. Bedding in time be fooked
    He's been in charge for five league games ffs.

Troll.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    He's been in charge for five league games ffs.

Troll.
    He's been at the club 18 months

TROLL

He's been at the club 18 months

TROLLOPE
    FYP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    FYP

The Mistake was appointing Slade...tan should have got Pulis like most of us wanted and gone again, I think Tony would have taken us back up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The Mistake was appointing Slade...tan should have got Pulis like most of us wanted and gone again, I think Tony would have taken us back up by now.
    Pulis was never going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Pulis was never going to happen
    So you make it happen

I think the possible mistake was in thinking Slade was the football dinosaur, and Trollope the up-and-coming coach full of new ideas..

Slade delivered , our new manager now has his turn. If were not careful we could go down . If you remember OGS team seemed in a downwards spiral,until Slade steadied the team's decline whilst off loading players.
    Last edited by life on mars; 28-08-16 at 08:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Thread over.

This is not an answer for Tandy cos he's just a trolling twat.

But for the posters who are really interested in talking football, whilst I am really disappointed with the second half yesterday and how we dropped so deep and invited them to grow in confidence like we did QPR and Blackburn.

I agree with what Trollope said about the first half. We were by far the better side and created some half decent chances. I thought Whitts played well and we showed some good movement.

There are shoots of improvement but I believe we need a new striker and number 10 and we need to drop Ralls and sell Gunnarsson

Trollope now has his hands tied far tighter than Slade ever did.
    The first team squad is far more depleted now than it ever was under Slade.

Slade wouldn't have done any better with the players we have left.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Trollope now has his hands tied far tighter than Slade ever did.
    The first team squad is far more depleted now than it ever was under Slade.
    Yep.I think Trollope will come good given a bit of time.

Blue in the Face

It's official. Tandy "Pedanty" Slade Esq has 8 accounts on ccmb

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    It's official. Tandy "Pedanty" Slade Esq has 8 accounts on ccmb
    I'd love to stamp on just one of those accounts. Kick his ****ing teeth out.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    This is not an answer for Tandy cos he's just a trolling twat.

But for the posters who are really interested in talking football, whilst I am really disappointed with the second half yesterday and how we dropped so deep and invited them to grow in confidence like we did QPR and Blackburn.

I agree with what Trollope said about the first half. We were by far the better side and created some half decent chances. I thought Whitts played well and we showed some good movement.

There are shoots of improvement but I believe we need a new striker and number 10 and we need to drop Ralls and sell Gunnarsson
    It's all opinions, but I think Gunnarsson will be important to us this season, on and off the field. We need leaders and grafters while the change of system beds in and we become more comfortable with it.

I've not seen us outplayed this season but I have seen us uncertain about what to do and hence lose momentum and a cutting edge. This will gradually be sorted out and I'm not going to judge Fred until he gets some proper service.

What we are missing is PACE. Kadeem shows us exactly how dangerous we could be if we had pace on both wings. We need to move the game into their half with pace and give Fred the chance to get in behind his man - supported by Immers and Pilks.

I think if John does not step up then we need another quick wing back to make this a success. I feel for Trollope as he had the person he needed (Fabio is the missing piece) but lost him as we could not stop him leaving.

I'm disappointed at present but we've played far, far worse in the past than this. There is still hope...

This Tandy character is clearly a twelve year old Slade fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    This Tandy character is clearly a twelve year old Slade fanboy
    A few years older than you then!

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It's all opinions, but I think Gunnarsson will be important to us this season, on and off the field. We need leaders and grafters while the change of system beds in and we become more comfortable with it.

I've not seen us outplayed this season but I have seen us uncertain about what to do and hence lose momentum and a cutting edge. This will gradually be sorted out and I'm not going to judge Fred until he gets some proper service.

What we are missing is PACE. Kadeem shows us exactly how dangerous we could be if we had pace on both wings. We need to move the game into their half with pace and give Fred the chance to get in behind his man - supported by Immers and Pilks.

I think if John does not step up then we need another quick wing back to make this a success. I feel for Trollope as he had the person he needed (Fabio is the missing piece) but lost him as we could not stop him leaving.

I'm disappointed at present but we've played far, far worse in the past than this. There is still hope...
    I agree.
    Keep him away from the side and we will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    A few years older than you then!
    In dog years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    In dog years.
    How old are you? I am willing to bet you are not 68!