Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
I’m not saying Cardiff shouldn’t have ambition but just because you want your team to be successful doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. Reading have been in the top flight for three seasons in recent times. So what? We too have spent a fortune on players. Again so what? Lots of clubs have spent tens of millions on players but that does not guarantee success. Just look at Bolton FFS.

The past dozen or so years have been the golden era for my club. I know Cardiff were previously in the top flight before I was born but you have never consistently been a top flight team in the past. Your recent years have been right up there with the most successful in your history. There are no guarantees though.
I was there in the dungeon days and the football was garbage. I honestly don't know what you're advocating though?

It's a football forum. I see many flaws in our approach as a club which other forward thinking clubs have addressed.

Like I've said recently on this forum we could hardly complain about the approach the club or manager took 2 years ago when we got promoted cos there was an entirely different context.

After going up we were supposed to be following the Burnley model and if we did get relegated the we'd be in a far stronger position to go again.

One year ago we were told that the club weren't prepared for the transfer window before our premier league campaign with the implication that this wouldn't happen again.

This hasn't only happened again but we've undoubtedly performed worse in the transfer market than the year we "weren't prepared".

Aren't we entitled to ask questions?

Should we just blindly support the club like DML1954?

The football is dull and turgid. The lack of structure and planning is painful and as a club I believe we're open to abuse by those who are in positions of power.