+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This Tory campaign

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This Tory campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Don't forget that of late Juncker & co have been operating in an pretty underhand & derogatory manner so was she supposed to cower away & say nothing or stand up for herself? Personally I think that they will show a bit more respect towards her now which improves the prospect of a deal with the EU. Also it is important to remember that these negotiations are not all one way as I am pretty certain that lot's of German industries are lobbying Merkel to ensure that their valuable UK export market is preserved. For example about 1 in 3 cars sold in the UK are German, with the market being worth about £18 billion pa to Volkswagen alone. With the problems Volkswagen have been encountering they can ill afford to see restrictions implemented in one of their most valuable market-places.

I am very wary of what the rabid right wing press allege what Juncker has said.He is perceived to be even more appalling than Corbyn. It will be very much part and parcel of Brexit negotiations.The heroic Mrs May up against the wicked Juncker and co.Its been grandstanding by May.....playing the patriotic card which she knows will firm up her support.

Yes we are a hugh importer of EU products and no deal with negatively impact upon the export markets of EU members particularly German car manufacturers but the stakes are very high for the EU and they can ill afford to be generous in any deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I am very wary of what the rabid right wing press allege what Juncker has said.He is perceived to be even more appalling than Corbyn. It will be very much part and parcel of Brexit negotiations.The heroic Mrs May up against the wicked Juncker and co.Its been grandstanding by May.....playing the patriotic card which she knows will firm up her support.

Yes we are a hugh importer of EU products and no deal with negatively impact upon the export markets of EU members particularly German car manufacturers but the stakes are very high for the EU and they can ill afford to be generous in any deal.
    This was not just right wing propaganda, this was about Juncker & his mates leaking information which they had no right to divulge & trying to belittle May in the process. I do think that their actions this week though have been more about trying to influence the French election rather than ours - if Le Pen wins this could spell the end for the EU so being seen to take a hard line against the UK could be a way of trying to persuade the French voters that a vote for Macron is a far better course of action.

The stakes are high all round although I do think that an acceptable compromise can be reached on the majority of key issues as long as there is give & take on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    This was not just right wing propaganda, this was about Juncker & his mates leaking information which they had no right to divulge & trying to belittle May in the process. I do think that their actions this week though have been more about trying to influence the French election rather than ours - if Le Pen wins this could spell the end for the EU so being seen to take a hard line against the UK could be a way of trying to persuade the French voters that a vote for Macron is a far better course of action.

The stakes are high all round although I do think that an acceptable compromise can be reached on the majority of key issues as long as there is give & take on both sides.
    What are you referring to when you say that the EU are taking a hard line?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What are you referring to when you say that the EU are taking a hard line?
    There are lot's of examples, here are a few:

A 'divorce bill' which is increasing by the day & now stands at 100 Billion Euros
    A refusal to acknowledge that we are entitled to a share of EU assets, despite the UK being one of the main financial contributors for many years.
    Refusing parallel exit talks via insisting that trade talks will not occur until a financial statement has been done & dusted. It has been suggested though that the EU are keen to talk about security & anti-terrorism co-operation at the earliest possible opportunity as they rely so much on our intelligence services.
    Despite the UK wanting to agree an early deal about the rights of EU citizens in the UK & UK citizens in the EU, this has been scuppered by the EU insisting we have to accept the jurisdiction of the European Court for EU citizens so effectively our UK laws can be overruled by a foreign court in respect of a significant part of our population.
    Wanting to block our Prime Minister from being part of the negotiations despite other leaders (e.g. Merkel) clearly dictating terms.
    Martin Selmayr (Juncker's right hand man) this week saying openly that 'Brexit will not become a success'

There is a good article here about how the EU operate in 'negotiations' & oddly enough one of the things he predicted happened 2 days ago:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2017/04/29/eu-bully/
    Last edited by Alfonso Perez; 04-05-17 at 08:24.