+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Re: Transfer deadline day Tuesday 11pm...rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    His wikipedia page already altered to current team "cardiff city" so it must be true...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sory_Kaba

(and no it wasn't me!!)
    4 hours ago he was he was a Jack's player.
    Looks like a wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think it’ll be better if we “can” get crosses into the box !
    Ha ha - cheers Spellchecker🙂

I bet he had a look here and thought what with Philogene, Ojo and Sawyers putting chances on a plate for me I'll get a hat full.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I bet he had a look here and thought what with Philogene, Ojo and Sawyers putting chances on a plate for me I'll get a hat full.
    Being serious, it's always hit and miss with loanees. Half of them don't seem to be that bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Being serious, it's always hit and miss with loanees. Half of them don't seem to be that bothered.
    yep, same with our outward loans as well

If the lad is coming to a new country and league you would like to think it's something he wants. Can't be the easiest option on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If the lad is coming to a new country and league you would like to think it's something he wants. Can't be the easiest option on the table.
    if he's coming here it's presumably to put himself in the shop window to get the attention of a club in the money league

No. A lot seem to give the impression that they think they're too good for the level and won't put in a shift while here.

You usually see them drop down the leagues soon after. Or we re-sign them on a permanent...

He gives us something else.

I hope he copes with the physical demands of the league.

Cardiff City transfer news: Midtjylland striker Sory Kaba is loan target - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64464026

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Talk of a loan fee being paid for Sony Kaba, I thought we were barred from paying them under the embargo?
    Unless there's been a change in our situ, I presume the parent club have agreed for us just to substitute wages. Think delay over weekend was because they suggest a loan fee and others been willing to pay it. Sounds like the player is really keen to come here and has pushed it. Which sounds positive.

Loan fees being our biggest challenge atm apparently. Whilst they're less common post-covid, parent clubs know that clubs might be desparate and willing to pay a loan fee last minute. So until that picture is clear we've been struggling to get things over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    His wikipedia page already altered to current team "cardiff city" so it must be true...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sory_Kaba

(and no it wasn't me!!)
    Sabri, Sol, Kaba (if true), Kipré. We're the Arsenal du pauvre.

In another astonishing step from the club we seem to have left our business to be done on the last day, the same day we have agreed to play Luton away.

In another astonishing step from the club we seem to have left our business to be done on the last day, the same day we have agreed to play Luton away.
    Don't really see what the issue is, how it's avoidable, or how one has a detrimental affect on the other.

Sory Kaba has scored 3 goals in 17 (+8) appearances for Midtjylland this season. He last scored in mid-September. Sounds a perfect addition to City’s attack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Don't really see what the issue is, how it's avoidable, or how one has a detrimental affect on the other.
    Well it is avoidable by reorganising it for another date. You know, like tomorrow.

Let's just say the manager wants some input on a potential signing, I know it's crazy but stay with me, then maybe they might want to speak to him and go over it all while preparing for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sory Kaba has scored 3 goals in 17 (+8) appearances for Midtjylland this season. He last scored in mid-September. Sounds a perfect addition to City’s attack.
    I was going to mention this but want to give the lad a chance.

Our issue is we were desperate before. We're even more so now only looking at free agents and loans.

I'd go cap in hand to Bournemouth for Moore who have brought another striker in.

I doubt the club has had much option with the last minute stuff - if loaning clubs are hanging on for the best deal.

The problem (self inflicted) is the residual EFL transfer sanction that puts us at the back of the loan queue.

However if you believe a different board, Connor Wickham has been training with the squad for a week and is the back up No9 option in case the other, preferred, irons in the fire come to nothing.

FWIW I don't believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I doubt the club has had much option with the last minute stuff - if loaning clubs are hanging on for the best deal.

The problem (self inflicted) is the residual EFL transfer sanction that puts us at the back of the loan queue.

However if you believe a different board, Connor Wickham has been training with the squad for a week and is the back up No9 option in case the other, preferred, irons in the fire come to nothing.

If Wickham is unattached then he doesn't even have to fall in line with the deadline either.

You would be wise to ignore a fair bit on the other board, although I do feature on there from time to time while not being a member.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Surely you'd see some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Surely you'd see some pictures?
    Don't say that. Somebody from that site will be knocking up a Court style artists impression as we speak.

'Connu Wickum'.

yes but haven't you seen the grainy YouTube footage?

Not a great season, which is presumably why they're looking to loan him out, but 12 goals in 52 games over his career isn't too bad (a goal every 4.3 games). He's played in the Champions League, Europa League, Belgian first division and Afcon qualifying. Could be ok.

I was going to mention this but want to give the lad a chance.

Our issue is we were desperate before. We're even more so now only looking at free agents and loans.

I'd go cap in hand to Bournemouth for Moore who have brought another striker in.
    We've got absolutely no chance of getting Keiffer Moore back here - he knows what the club is like

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We've got absolutely no chance of getting Keiffer Moore back here - he knows what the club is like
    he's also played in every league game this season