+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Are you disappointed by Warnock's remarks re Zahore?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Sounds like great man managament to me, he's come on leaps and bounds and NW has to take the credit for it. If he keeps playing likle he does, and just works on his finishing he could be one hell of a player.
    Agree. I think Warnock is doing the right thing by talking up Ken to boost his confidence and desire, whilst his coaches are clearly working very hard on the training ground to improve him. He's still young and will/should get better.

I would much rather grow our own players, or take a punt on unknowns from abroad or lower leagues, and turn them into players - rather than build the squad with a cheque book.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree. I think Warnock is doing the right thing by talking up Ken to boost his confidence and desire, whilst his coaches are clearly working very hard on the training ground to improve him. He's still young and will/should get better.

I would much rather grow our own players, or take a punt on unknowns from abroad or lower leagues, and turn them into players - rather than build the squad with a cheque book.
    Talking of looking abroad, what is the current situation about getting players from other clubs that vincent owns?
    Can we bring them in outside the transfer rules, and if they come from these clubs and there is no fee then they would not breach the fair play rules would they?

I'd be inclined to agree with you but our record of signing foreign based players is absolutely atrocious. Unfortunately though, I'd say we have to, as we can't afford to compete with the Derbys and Wolves etc in terms of spending.

I'd like to see Zahore put in more good performances before I get too excited about him.
    He definitely needs a player playing around him to get the best out of him.