+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 25-26k

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 25-26k

I know people who go regularly and are not going.

I said earlier in the week. 23,000 for a play off v West Ham in the play offs at home. No way are we getting an extra 10,000 to watch Man City in the FA Cup.

Man City are the best team in England by a mile. Man U or Liverpool would still bring out more casual support.

It will still be a big crowd but wont have the attraction of the PL fixture against them a few seasons back.

Re: 25-26k

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I know people who go regularly and are not going.

I said earlier in the week. 23,000 for a play off v West Ham in the play offs at home. No way are we getting an extra 10,000 to watch Man City in the FA Cup.

Man City are the best team in England by a mile. Man U or Liverpool would still bring out more casual support.

It will still be a big crowd but wont have the attraction of the PL fixture against them a few seasons back.
    27k against Leeds this season is a more relevant example

At the time of the West Ham playoff the stadium held 26k, we'd played Liverpool in the League Cup final and had suffered playoff heartbreak in the previous two seasons including the embarrassing 3-0 home defeat to Reading in the playoffs the season prior