+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Long throws

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Long throws

In the 60’s, (yes, rose tinted specs ), there was a competition for the longest throw. I’m not going to look it up, I’m going to try and remember it. I think, Ian Hutchinson (Chelsea) won it, our own Bobby Woodruff was second and Malcom MacDonald third. I could be totally wrong

Anyway, the beauty of Bobby’s throws, was that sometimes instead of just lobbing the ball into the area, he would jettison it just above head level at pace. My rose tinted specs, tell me that they created havoc.

Well that’s how I remember it and no one will ever change that

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    In the 60’s, (yes, rose tinted specs ), there was a competition for the longest throw. I’m not going to look it up, I’m going to try and remember it. I think, Ian Hutchinson (Chelsea) won it, our own Bobby Woodruff was second and Malcom MacDonald third. I could be totally wrong

Anyway, the beauty of Bobby’s throws, was that sometimes instead of just lobbing the ball into the area, he would jettison it just above head level at pace. My rose tinted specs, tell me that they created havoc.

Well that’s how I remember it and no one will ever change that
    Was it organised by The Football League Review? I can clearly remember a cover photo of Bobby Woodruff in his Palace kit holding a ball with a tape measure draped around him.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was it organised by The Football League Review? I can clearly remember a cover photo of Bobby Woodruff in his Palace kit holding a ball with a tape measure draped around him.
    I might have that upstairs

The Football League Magazine, the tape is down the shed

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I might have that upstairs

The Football League Magazine, the tape is down the shed
    It was one of those linen, draper’s type tapes........suits you sir !!