+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More people being offended.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: More people being offended.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    What about "destroyer" is racist.

Same way ugly british centre halfs have always been described similarly.

Laughable

white people looking to be offended for black people is big business nowadays
    It was only about 2 world cups ago commentators were calling the defence of any African team "niave" but the destroyer point does seem to be reaching quite a lot.

I don't think white people are looking to be offended for black people but I think we are just seeing more people who have had enough of racism that's been increasing with the rise of far right, populist politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It was only about 2 world cups ago commentators were calling the defence of any African team "niave" but the destroyer point does seem to be reaching quite a lot.

I don't think white people are looking to be offended for black people but I think we are just seeing more people who have had enough of racism that's been increasing with the rise of far right, populist politicians.
    What is wrong with calling crap defences naive?. I watched the african cup of nations a few years ago and it was the definition of naive. No defending, with centre backs powering through the middle. Little organisation.

The world is a far less racist place than in the past.

Things like the adebayor song were bad, a writer trying to be descriptive? No chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...opean-football

What is wrong with calling crap defences naive?. I watched the african cup of nations a few years ago and it was the definition of naive. No defending, with centre backs powering through the middle. Little organisation.

The world is a far less racist place than in the past.

Things like the adebayor song were bad, a writer trying to be descriptive? No chance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...opean-football
    Because very often they weren't niave, some of the best defenders of the last 20 years have been African. It wouldn't be so bad it they'd ever called a different country it either but it was definitely only ever used for African defences, it was basically a "meme".

The world being far less racist than in the past is no reason to stop caring about racism though, when black students were first allowed into schools in the US the majority of people said they should just ignore the abuse and asaults bacause they'd already come far enough by being allowed into schools.

The world being far less racist than in the past is no reason to stop caring about racism though, when black students were first allowed into schools in the US the majority of people said they should just ignore the abuse and asaults bacause they'd already come far enough by being allowed into schools.
    Yes I agree and this isn't racism.

Yes I agree and this isn't racism.
    The lukaku song? The kick it out guys think it is. The song is based on a racial stereotype, while it doesn't bother me I can see why they would have issue with it, how many songs are their about white players related to their race?

The lukaku song? The kick it out guys think it is. The song is based on a racial stereotype, while it doesn't bother me I can see why they would have issue with it, how many songs are their about white players related to their race?
    I am talking about the destroyer comment not lukaku.

I am talking about the destroyer comment not lukaku.
    Yeah I think it is a bit of a reach but can see why they'd reach that conclusion because there are instances of it happening.

It's actually spelled NAIVE

He’s as dull as ditchwater that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    He’s as dull as ditchwater that one.
    Did you get those slippers I sent you?