+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I don't agree with the 'relegation bad for his CV' argument comment either. He's joined Sheff United, Venezia and Spezia, they mjst have been among the favourites for relegation. He will probably learn more from those experiences than finishing mid table.

He's still 22 which is young for his position. Some top CB's & DM's were relatively unheard of at that age,
    Like who?

Who are these top centre halfs and DMs who were not heard of at 22/23?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Like who?

Who are these top centre halfs and DMs who were not heard of at 22/23?
    at the same age Harry Maguire was on loan in the championship at Wigan, Virgil Van Dyke was playing in Holland and about to go and play in the SPL, Thaigo Silva was still playing in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    at the same age Harry Maguire was on loan in the championship at Wigan, Virgil Van Dyke was playing in Holland and about to go and play in the SPL, Thaigo Silva was still playing in Brazil
    Harry Maguire

Harry Maguire
    he's got like 50 England caps, a bunch of champions League performances, big money move.
    I'd be pretty pleased if Ampadu ends up having a career as good as he has.

he's got like 50 England caps, a bunch of champions League performances, big money move.
    I'd be pretty pleased if Ampadu ends up having a career as good as he has.
    If Harry Maguire is a "Top" player there is still hope for me to make it in the pro game at 46.

From one of the brightest young talents in Europe to being pretty pleased to have as good a career as Harry Maguire is some climb down for poor Ethan.

If Harry Maguire is a "Top" player there is still hope for me to make it in the pro game at 46.

From one of the brightest young talents in Europe to being pretty pleased to have as good a career as Harry Maguire is some climb down for poor Ethan.
    I never said he was one of the brightest young talents in Europe

He is statistically if you believe in analytics.

I know you didnt but the reason we get these counter threads on him is because Wales Bales has spent the last 5 years telling us that he is and that Ampadu is the second coming of Franz Beckenbaur.

Hes 23 in September and people are still talking about him like hes 17/18. If he truly was the next big thing in Europe for his position he would be playing Champions League by now.