Thread: Signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Signings

One week to go now, Same old City

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Part of me feels that they leave themselves a little short in terms of quality and numbers so they can play the “this teams has little chance of succeeding “ card. We go up, it’s against the odds. We don’t, it’s to be expected. If you think about it, Warnock has never been one to embrace optimism when it comes to his squads chances of succeeding.

I think the club could be a little more ambitious and a lot more organised when it comes to recruitment. I remember Mehmet saying they’d been preparing for this transfer window since Christmas last year. That looks to me like a lot of hot air as things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Part of me feels that they leave themselves a little short in terms of quality and numbers so they can play the “this teams has little chance of succeeding “ card. We go up, it’s against the odds. We don’t, it’s to be expected. If you think about it, Warnock has never been one to embrace optimism when it comes to his squads chances of succeeding.

I think the club could be a little more ambitious and a lot more organised when it comes to recruitment. I remember Mehmet saying they’d been preparing for this transfer window since Christmas last year. That looks to me like a lot of hot air as things stand.
    This is beginning to shape up like last season where we played Bamba in midfield and Decordova-Reid as a lone striker at Bournemouth because of our lack of squad depth. At the moment, we have lost important members of last season's squad and is anyone optimistic that the four players signed so far are an improvement on the people they were brought in to replace? Day is better than Murphy I would hope, but Smithies is seemingly on his way out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    No doubt you thought that before the 2017/2018 season as well.