+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Case against Willie McKay - SETTLED OUT OF COURT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Case against Willie McKay

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    I understand this is being heard in Cardiff this month. Anyone know when it’s listed for and is it likely to be open to the public?
    I've always been intrigued by impending court cases that are publicised, and I have often thought about attending some over the years but never did.

Simple questions..

How do you find out the exact times of the court hearing, and which courtroom they will take place in?
    Is there some kind of noticeboard, perhaps a large book on public display, or do you have to ask a court attendant to supply you the information?
    Finally, when you're armed with the relevant information, do you have to reserve your place in the public gallery, or is it simply a case of 'first-come, first-served'?

I attended a local court a couple of months ago (albeit only the County Court in Taunton) as it was something I always intended doing.
    However, it seemed to consist of a great deal hanging around and parties in the court whispering between themselves and the judges at length before and after anything that happened. And what happened seemed semi-inaudible, highly mundane and of little interest. (I decided to go on the day when the proceedings were meant to involve the case of the local chap who drove a large military vehicle against and over local cars including police vehicles - but I left due to boredom and the lack of clarity as to what time the case was meant to be dealt with and in which court).
    I'm not suggesting that it was typical of court proceedings in general but it was less than exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I attended a local court a couple of months ago (albeit only the County Court in Taunton) as it was something I always intended doing.
    However, it seemed to consist of a great deal hanging around and parties in the court whispering between themselves and the judges at length before and after anything that happened. And what happened seemed semi-inaudible, highly mundane and of little interest. (I decided to go on the day when the proceedings were meant to involve the case of the local chap who drove a large military vehicle against and over local cars including police vehicles - but I left due to boredom and the lack of clarity as to what time the case was meant to be dealt with and in which court).
    I'm not suggesting that it was typical of court proceedings in general but it was less than exciting.
    Were you the defendant?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Were you the defendant?
    Of course. I walked out before the decision as I was bored. Never been back

Were you the defendant?
    Of course he wasn't, he just like's to make virtually every post all about him, as do many of us on here

10:30am tomorrow 8Feb at the County Court in Cathay's Park - courtroom 15. Before Judge Keyser KC. Scheduled for 5hrs 30mins so take a packed lunch😁

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did a fair share of court reporting as a local journalist, magistrates and crown, and in the main it is very boring. Loads of hanging around waiting, loads of legal nonsense.

A few moments of excitement and always loved verdict/sentencing as seemed a complete lottery sometimes.

To answer previous question, there was a notice board listing order of hearings and court room - but this is going back 10 years

I've always been intrigued by impending court cases that are publicised, and I have often thought about attending some over the years but never did.

Simple questions..

How do you find out the exact times of the court hearing, and which courtroom they will take place in?
    Is there some kind of noticeboard, perhaps a large book on public display, or do you have to ask a court attendant to supply you the information?
    Finally, when you're armed with the relevant information, do you have to reserve your place in the public gallery, or is it simply a case of 'first-come, first-served'?
    You can contact them. Details at https://www.find-court-tribunal.serv...justice-centre