+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SOUTHAMPTON v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Changes will be needed this week. The performance was fantastic last week however Arter HAS to come back in for me, if Victor is fit then I wouldn't be surprised if he is left on the bench, if we can take the lead or keep it even with half an hour to go, then bringing him on would be the difference for me, Ralls should stay in midfield after last weekend and Arsenal. That being said I don't have a problem with any three of our midfielders/Patterson playing, their performances have been solid recently collectively. I'll be shocked if the front three changes after last week.

Etheridge

Bacuna
    Manga
    Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Ralls
    Patterson

Murphy
    Niasse
    Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Changes will be needed this week. The performance was fantastic last week however Arter HAS to come back in for me, if Victor is fit then I wouldn't be surprised if he is left on the bench, if we can take the lead or keep it even with half an hour to go, then bringing him on would be the difference for me, Ralls should stay in midfield after last weekend and Arsenal. That being said I don't have a problem with any three of our midfielders/Patterson playing, their performances have been solid recently collectively. I'll be shocked if the front three changes after last week.

Etheridge

Bacuna
    Manga
    Bamba
    Bennett

Arter
    Ralls
    Patterson

Murphy
    Niasse
    Reid
    I'd be surprised if Bacuna is selected over Peltier, we kept a rare clean sheet last week so think we'll go with the same back 4. I think Arter will come in for Ralls as Gunnarsson is much favoured by NW and the rest of the side will be the same, unless we go more defensively and it's Murphy who is replaced by Arter ( hope not though as the front 3 did well last week)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Changes will be needed this week. The performance was fantastic last week however Arter HAS to come back in for me
    I've got to disagree with this. We looked so much more positive and patient without Arter. It forced us into a more constructive & less frenetic approach without his 100mph style.

I'd start with exactly the same 11 that started against Bournemouth or simply change Rall (or Gunnar) for Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I've got to disagree with this. We looked so much more positive and patient without Arter. It forced us into a more constructive & less frenetic approach without his 100mph style.

I'd start with exactly the same 11 that started against Bournemouth or simply change Rall (or Gunnar) for Victor.
    That's a good observation. He's a good tackler (Arter) and can break up the opposition's play, however, it can all get a bit frenetic at times with him in there. But if Camarasa is fit, I'd include him at the expense of Ralls.