+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Speeding Ticket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    My mate reckons the percentage thing only kicks in if you plead not guilty and its imposed by the court or they take you on cos its deemed serious. If I plead guilty it might still be a minor offence and the standard £100 fine and 3 pts.

Theres no escape, I wasn't aware I was speeding but clearly I was so Ill take my punishment like a man but a hefty percentage fine of pay this time of year will be a real kick in the gonads
    From what I understand, the guideline (not the law) is to give you 10% + 2 mph leeway, which in your case makes the limit 68, so 3 mph over which puts you in band A

I reckon you'll be offered the course, worst case 3 points and a £100 fine (either option gives your insurance company carte blanche to screw you over on renewal time I believe)

I'm 99% certain that the percentge of your salary thing, is only for serious offences and repeat offenders that end up in court

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    From what I understand, the guideline (not the law) is to give you 10% + 2 mph leeway, which in your case makes the limit 68, so 3 mph over which puts you in band A

I reckon you'll be offered the course, worst case 3 points and a £100 fine (either option gives your insurance company carte blanche to screw you over on renewal time I believe)

I'm 99% certain that the percentge of your salary thing, is only for serious offences and repeat offenders that end up in court
    Cheers, thats what my mate reckons. It would be a huge relief

Why are you just accepting this. I have just done a google run along the A465 dual carriageway and there are no average speed cameras and no speed restrictions, I know google maps are a few years old, but if you do not want to re-run your route to check it out there there is nothing more for me to say

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Cheers, thats what my mate reckons. It would be a huge relief
    Provided you are below 10% of the limit plus 9 MPH you will be eligible for a speed awareness course. That is if you have not attended one in the last 3 years. Check the stuff which came with the speeding notice. The qualification in your case would be under 75mph.

Spot on. It will be £100 fine and three points at the worst. However the Police seem to have widened the speed awareness criteria and I reckon EG will be offered that option although the speeding conviction of 2/3 years ago may make EG ineligible to attend a course

That's a myth. I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Yeah bloody women drivers.

International

Another question to the knowledgable of this communtiy.
    do the variable speed cameras on the motorway flash when they take a photo of a speeding vehicle?

I ask because I have never seen it happen but the other day I was driving on the M62 in rush hour traffic and a couple of times I seemed to notice a flash, (Not at my by the way). as I say, I've never seen that before. does anyone know for certain?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    do the variable speed cameras on the motorway flash when they take a photo of a speeding vehicle?

I ask because I have never seen it happen but the other day I was driving on the M62 in rush hour traffic and a couple of times I seemed to notice a flash, (Not at my by the way). as I say, I've never seen that before. does anyone know for certain?
    Yes they flash

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes they flash
    Can confirm that. Was on the M5 near Birmingham yesterday when the variable speed limit changed to 40mph. The cars in front of me were both "flashed" which luckily for me ensured that I was under 40 as I passed!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

They flash where the M4 meets the M5 near Bristol on that SMART motorway.

They do about 4.000 drivers a month along there.

I always go carefully.

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I tend to agree, and even if it isn't then when you are in a 60 zone, the camera might not activate until you are doing 67 but then the penalty notice will say you were 7 miles over the limit.