+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Slade watch

Russell Slade leaves it late to sign Martyn Woolford

Russell Slade said: “We are really pleased. He was trialing at a couple of League One clubs.

“We are delighted that we have got him. He has got vast experience with over 400 games under his belt at a higher level.

“He is very fit and always has been. We are very pleased that we have got him at the last-minute.”

Slade told the Grimsby Telegraph earlier in the day “I’ve often done something late in the window.

“It’s interesting because, sometimes, those names that you couldn’t get earlier in the window may circulate themselves and come up again

“Sometimes, if you are patient you get the one that you desired in the first place.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...eadline-404072

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Slade told the Grimsby Telegraph earlier in the day “I’ve often done something late in the window
    I've had the same misfortune when I didn't realise the curtains weren't closed and the film was rolling.

I'm not quite sure how this window malarkey works but I think I'm right in saying this late turn of events by Slade will allow for the Sanchez deal to be resurrected.