Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
Who said anything about rugby being evil? For your information and Mr Gammons , I support Senghenydd in rugby. I watch them when the City are away, most weeks. Also watch my nephews play for Senghenydd youth. I just don’t like Nigel Owens, he gets on my bloody nerves with his “this is not soccer” and all the other anti football jibes he makes.
Fair enough. A lot of City fan's do seem to have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to rugby.

I heard Nigel Owens on a Colin Murray program the other day. He did seem a bit up himself (whilst trying to point out how humble and modest he is). But whatever. I don't see him having any real impact on the future of football anytime soon so take it with a pinch of salt.

I still think if you can have VAR in the game, sin-binning for diving would be perfectly feasible and might even add another level of excitment to the game. Those 15 minutes would be like the last 15 of a match where one team is attacking relentlessly and the other defending for their lives. Would probably make it more of a spectacle.

As for using it to deter diving, the problem (which has probably been mentioned) is catching them in the act.

The whole point of a dive is that it is designed to fool the ref ..... and a lot of times it works.

Diving should probably be made a VAR issue. If Mane gets a yellow for tapping SR on the face and he makes a meal of it, the video ref should be able to judge that the reaction was over the top and an attempt to get the opposition player booked.