Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
Yeah I understand that, that's what I said in the first part of my post. I want them to win it, they deserve it.
People tend to concentrate on Liverpool and to a lesser degree Leeds when they're considering the idea of declaring the 2019/20 season null and void, but there are obviously so many other clubs who that would affect negatively. For instance, look at Barrow - voted out of the Football League in 1972 but on the verge of an unlikely return (they were a 33/1 shot at the start of the season). Meanwhile, Harrogate have never been a Football League club and may never get a better opportunity to become one.

After all of the problems Coventry fans have endured in recent years, their side is on the verge of promotion back to the Championship, while Fleetwood could be set to play in the second tier for the first time in their history.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that an awful lot of people at an awful lot of clubs have invested a huge amount of effort and money in the 2019/20 season, and simply scrapping it at this stage could have a profoundly detrimental effect on their futures. As I've said, it's easy for fans of clubs like Cardiff who have basically made a mess of this season to say 'Oh, it can't be helped, just scrap it.'

Personally, I think every effort should be made to finish the season, and if that means having a dramatically shorter season in 2020/21 then so be it. At least everyone would know where they were whenever it started.