+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Johnson, I know I'm biased, but..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Good news I think. I'd forgotten there was also a third Northern Ireland case Veg. That province's peculiar situation might provide additional force to the argument.
    Lord knows what's going on with Ireland. On one hand he seems relaxed about throwing Ireland under the bus, on the other the DUP seemed quite relaxed after their meeting with him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Lord knows what's going on with Ireland. On one hand he seems relaxed about throwing Ireland under the bus, on the other the DUP seemed quite relaxed after their meeting with him yesterday.
    He is known for telling people what they want to hear, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The Scottish court has just ruled that he lied to the queen. Not sure what happens now

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Scottish court has just ruled that he lied to the queen. Not sure what happens now
    Off with his head

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Nothing whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That thought had occurred to me TBH

Interestingly ,all these tantrums and shennanigans and the media love in are having the opposite effect to that which is intended since Boris is now 14 points above his nearest rival .

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    The signals from Johnson in the past week were that he was looking for a Northern Ireland backstop (and that was reflected in informal comments from Irish politicians, commentators and business representatives after talks with him or government negotiators) and was ready to throw the DUP under the bus if he could more than compensate with pro-deal Labour votes. A border down the Irish Sea and use of a different font and he could bring back Theresa May's deal for the 4th (5th?) time. Today he has ruled that out (in his farcical People's PMQs on Facebook) - so back to seeking unicorns!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The signals from Johnson in the past week were that he was looking for a Northern Ireland backstop (and that was reflected in informal comments from Irish politicians, commentators and business representatives after talks with him or government negotiators) and was ready to throw the DUP under the bus if he could more than compensate with pro-deal Labour votes. A border down the Irish Sea and use of a different font and he could bring back Theresa May's deal for the 4th (5th?) time. Today he has ruled that out (in his farcical People's PMQs on Facebook) - so back to seeking unicorns!
    Seems to me the strategy is just to use time and the lack of Parliamentary humiliation to regroup and sail through a few weeks of Doldrums in the hope that people will forget Johnson's incapability over the last fortnight. He will try to put Brexit in the background (dog whistling on social media) whilst playing up the spend spend spend end of austerity pitch before the Queen's speech.

The problem where they are today is at some point they will have to dick some one over. Options seem to be Arlene and the gang or waiting until the last minute to tack right with the ERG and Farage. Either way going to the polls where people think you are untrustworthy by showing you are untrustworthy to previous believers is a high risk strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Seems to me the strategy is just to use time and the lack of Parliamentary humiliation to regroup and sail through a few weeks of Doldrums in the hope that people will forget Johnson's incapability over the last fortnight. He will try to put Brexit in the background (dog whistling on social media) whilst playing up the spend spend spend end of austerity pitch before the Queen's speech.

The problem where they are today is at some point they will have to dick some one over. Options seem to be Arlene and the gang or waiting until the last minute to tack right with the ERG and Farage. Either way going to the polls where people think you are untrustworthy by showing you are untrustworthy to previous believers is a high risk strategy.
    He just has to follow Trump's plan, the work has already been done for him.