+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thomas Cook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thomas Cook

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm sure I heard that TC were in debt to the tune of 1,600million pounds.

Their official stance is that it was an unsustainable business model which has been failing for a long time and ploughing money in would have just delayed the inevitable.

Hard to really argue with the decision.
    But £200m was the shortfall. They had £900m coming in from their shareholder and other creditors. It’s quite normal to retain sone level of debt in large companies and it’s poor that it’s been allowed to fail.

Re: Thomas Cook

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    But £200m was the shortfall. They had £900m coming in from their shareholder and other creditors. It’s quite normal to retain sone level of debt in large companies and it’s poor that it’s been allowed to fail.
    you are right, but where does it end, in 12 months time when it is failing again ( as the business model is out of date, yet we will blame Brexit and the loss of value in the pound ) the government will be 200 mill in the hole and instead of losing that, they will be under pressure to throw more money at it, though i guess it will be saving millions of money per day by not throwing money into the EU pot, so maybe able to afford it