+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How do young people cope?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How do young people cope?

We are seeing capitalism failing miserably as predicted by many.

Unchallenged greed from the richest which has infected our politics means we can't take the actions needed to provide basic necessities for British people e.g. housing.

It's always the same, people who say look after our own first completely lose their minds at programmes aimed to help the neediest in the UK.

This isn't all older people, it's good to see many on here recognise the challenges that young people face, but I swear a significant percentage of you have had your brains completely scrambled by lead paint as kids and for some reason you froth at the mouth at the possibility of recognising that society has regressed significantly under your watch.

To those saying go without netflix, I think comments like that show how out of touch you are with the reality of things at the moment, budgeting and working harder can no longer overcome systematic failures.

I bought my house in 2012 while in my early 20s, if I were looking to buy today instead I wouldn't be able to buy my own house which to me is staggering.

Re: How do young people cope?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    We are seeing capitalism failing miserably as predicted by many.

Unchallenged greed from the richest which has infected our politics means we can't take the actions needed to provide basic necessities for British people e.g. housing.

It's always the same, people who say look after our own first completely lose their minds at programmes aimed to help the neediest in the UK.

This isn't all older people, it's good to see many on here recognise the challenges that young people face, but I swear a significant percentage of you have had your brains completely scrambled by lead paint as kids and for some reason you froth at the mouth at the possibility of recognising that society has regressed significantly under your watch.

To those saying go without netflix, I think comments like that show how out of touch you are with the reality of things at the moment, budgeting and working harder can no longer overcome systematic failures.

I bought my house in 2012 while in my early 20s, if I were looking to buy today instead I wouldn't be able to buy my own house which to me is staggering.
    So much is true in this post. Well said.

The comment you made, which I've highlighted in bold, sums things up so much.

Cut overseas aid. Let's not send millions to the EU. Let's look after ourselves.

"I can't get a new knee for 2 years. I've paid into the NHS all my life and I should be a priority." etc etc