+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A huge thank you to FSF Cymru from a very grateful Wales supporter.

A huge thank you to FSF Cymru from a very grateful Wales supporter.

I want to go on the record and thank Corky , Vince Alm and the other FSF Cymru volunteers who " rescued " me in Bordeaux.

I was 15 minutes late getting back to my Wonky Sheep coach and they had left without me. Yes I was late but no attempt had been made to check where I was.

My phone charger and contact numbers were on the coach and my medication was 130 miles away at our hotel in Brive.

A fellow fan advised me to ring FSF Cymru and they were really helpful and got Wonky Sheep to ring me. Their bloke said he would sort something out and call back but when he did it was only to say " you're on your own " and then he hung up.

When I tried to call him back he had witheld his number.

By now my phone was down to 5% battery so I rang FSF Cymru and bless them they drove out to the now empty coach park and drove me to a street of hotels near to where they were staying. I found a hotel and next morning FSF Cymru met me and drove me to the railway station so I could catch a train to rejoin my tour in Brive.

This was top service from my rescuers and I want to thank them so much for all their cheerful help.

Apologies for the delay in making this thank you post btw , was busy going to the other 5 Wales games.

The moral is be careful who you book with.

Re: A huge thank you to FSF Cymru from a very grateful Wales supporter.

Which coach firm were Wonky Sheep using. ?

Did you speak to a driver or a Wonky arsehole rep ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Gave the rep ( on his first trip ) a ripe piece of my mind when I got back to Brive. Will
    check out coach company name in my paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Gave the rep ( on his first trip ) a ripe piece of my mind when I got back to Brive. Will
    You gave him a bollocking for you being late?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

No, he gave them a bollocking for not attempting to contact him.

I take it you've never run a coach trip. ?

Creigiau Travel.

No I gave him a bollocking for his failure in a duty of care.

I got left 130 miles from our hotel where my cardiac and diabetes medication were and I explained that to the person I spoke to back at Wonky Central.
    The Rep made no attempt to contact me all of the following day only calling at 6am on the day of departure.

I could have been dead in a ditch for all they knew.

And make sure you get to where you need to be on-time. Especially if you have medication to take. Try being early next time, could make your life alot easier.

Well done FSF.

Bad eggs Wonky and BlueWales.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    And make sure you get to where you need to be on-time. Especially if you have medication to take. Try being early next time, could make your life alot easier.

Well done FSF.

Bad eggs Wonky and BlueWales.
    Cruise liners will set off without you.
    Trains too.
    And buses.

Would the driver and "duty of care" come to mind if they had missed the ferry? Or gone over their drivers hours because they had to phone around and wait for everyone?

I'm glad that you were able to inconvenience someone else to come to your rescue but there are a few morals to learn here too?

The purpose of my post was to thank those who helped.

Those smug people who have never , ever been fifteen minutes in their lives at night in a strange place
    well obviously you have special powers or are just sad trolls.

Did you actually go to any Wales matches in France or did you sit on your arses at home btw ?

My wife works in the travel industry and always phones people to check where they are in a case like this.

Yes , I was late but only by 15 minutes and the after care was total shyte.
    Last edited by BlueWales; 18-07-16 at 15:02.

If you was in Bordeaux you would realise the total joy and happiness felt by every Wales supporter before, during and especially after the game.
    So give the man a break I bet there were hundreds if not thousands late and lost and just caught up in that fantastic party atmosphere of Wales just winning their first game at the Euros.

Did you read his story? He was left stranded, and the company offered nothing in the way of assistance.

Those smug people who have never , ever been fifteen minutes in their lives at night in a strange place
    I wouldnt worry about them, sometimes people need to think " do i need to make this snide / smug / purposefully unfunny for realism post " or not, if the answer is Yes, then they need to ask themselves, would i say it to the person face to face in a pub, then most of the times it will be a No

Glad you got sorted and well done all involved in helping you out

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Did you read his story? He was left stranded, and the company offered nothing in the way of assistance.
    you know you have made a "w'ker-ish post " when BIS picks you up on it

How are you doing this evening BIS ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Doing well - not had any of your friends listing all of my personal circumstances on here for a week so either this place is improving or you are. I bet on the former.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

You just picked up posters for snide/smug comments then make one yourself !!!!!!!!!
    Beggars belief

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    You just picked up posters for snide/smug comments then make one yourself !!!!!!!!!
    Beggars belief
    You don't need to take blue matt seriously, he does enough of that for everyone.

The purpose of my post was to thank those who helped.

Did you actually go to any Wales matches in France or did you sit on your arses at home btw ?

My wife works in the travel industry and always phones people to check where they are in a case like this.

Yes , I was late but only by 15 minutes and the after care was total shyte.
    If the purpose of the post was just about thanking FSF then why comment on the company. You were late, take some responsibility for yourself rather than expecting others to look after you.

For the record I went to every game except the England one, although I'm not sure of the relevance of that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Beggars belief

Banned

I want to go on the record and thank Corky , Vince Alm and the other FSF Cymru volunteers who " rescued " me in Bordeaux.

I was 15 minutes late getting back to my Wonky Sheep coach and they had left without me.
    Why were you late when everyone else on the bus made it on time?
    Yes I was late but no attempt had been made to check where I was.
    How were they supposed to check where you was?
    My phone charger and contact numbers were on the coach and my medication was 130 miles away at our hotel in Brive.
    Most people have contact numbers on mobile phone. I would carry medication with me if I was ill.
    A fellow fan advised me to ring FSF Cymru and they were really helpful and got Wonky Sheep to ring me. Their bloke said he would sort something out and call back but when he did it was only to say " you're on your own " and then he hung up.
    I don't think the other people on the bus would be happy if they had to travel back again.

By now my phone was down to 5% battery so I rang FSF Cymru and bless them they drove out to the now empty coach park and drove me to a street of hotels near to where they were staying. I found a hotel and next morning FSF Cymru met me and drove me to the railway station so I could catch a train to rejoin my tour in Brive.

This was top service from my rescuers and I want to thank them so much for all their cheerful help.

Apologies for the delay in making this thank you post btw , was busy going to the other 5 Wales games.

Glad it worked out for you

I was 15 minutes late getting back to my Wonky Sheep coach and they had left without me.
    Why were you late when everyone else on the bus made it on time?
    HOW DO YOU KNOW EVERYONE ELSE WERE THERE
    Yes I was late but no attempt had been made to check where I was.
    How were they supposed to check where you was?
    FRIGGING PHONE HIM, THEY HAD HIS NUMBER
    Most people have contact numbers on mobile phone. I would carry medication with me if I was ill.
    SO YOU WOULD CARRY TABLETS & NEEDLES AROUND WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
    I don't think the other people on the bus would be happy if they had to travel back again.
    UNLESS THEY ARE TO$$ERS

I could go on arguing the toss with other posters but the main point of the post was to thank Corky and Vince and to remind other Wales supporters they are there to help when you get in a fix. Simple really.

Thank you again lads.

I could go on arguing the toss with other posters but the main point of the post was to thank Corky and Vince and to remind other Wales supporters they are there to help when you get in a fix. Simple really.

Thank you again lads.

I support you fully.

First thing me or Peter (or Beth), does if anyone is missing on a trip, is ring 'um.

2nd thing is to check with Plod that they aint been naughty girls/boys or that they aint BEEN TAKEN ILL ARE ARE IN HOSPITAL (yes it has happened)

Yes you made a mistake, but they made a bigger one.

I support you fully.

First thing me or Peter (or Beth), does if anyone is missing on a trip, is ring 'um.

2nd thing is to check with Plod that they aint been naughty girls/boys or that they aint BEEN TAKEN ILL ARE ARE IN HOSPITAL (yes it has happened)

Yes you made a mistake, but they made a bigger one.
    I have never been on one of your Bus's ( as i dont live in S Wales anymore and for games i get to i tend to drive

But surely that is the way to look after customers