+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A stat that may surprise the Bulut fans

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He fits a very specific role, in a very specific formation. I can imagine he might be fine at Swansea.

Problem for us is he isn’t good enough defensively and doesn’t offer enough going forward. He’s not a bad player, he’s fine as a squad player but we need much better to progress
    I’d rather see Colwill jnr play the last eight games than Wintle
    I don’t want to see Bowler playing for us again either, complete Fanny

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I’d rather see Colwill jnr play the last eight games than Wintle
    I don’t want to see Bowler playing for us again either, complete Fanny
    Colwill should be playing although I don’t see him as a Wintle replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Colwill should be playing although I don’t see him as a Wintle replacement.
    Id like to see Ralls and Turnbull have a go in midfield together. Turnbull looks uncomfortable upfront with meite-latey.

honestly..the wintle hate is crazy. he was so woeful in the first half of the season and nobody said a word! now he is finally coming good you lot snipe him with no justification. 6 months ago i wouldve been calling for his head right along with you lot! lol

Wintle is a "6" a defensive midfielder in today's parlance, he is not an "8" a box-to-box CM in old money.

Ralls is an "8" and was a very good top end championship "8", but he is not as instantly comfortable with the ball as Wintle, his first instinct is to get the ball forward even if it means giving it away, whereas Wintle is to shuffle it on.

Siopis is a thief, he steals balls but his incisive passing highlight reel is even smaller than him. He is never a 6 in the championship.

So for me its Wintle and two far more attacking players probably Colwill and Turnbull

Wintle and Sio should work in a double pivot but plainly does not

(IMO) Ralls is still our most effective midfielder but father time is catching up but we look better with him and Sio as two traditional CM's with a 10. Playing wintle in that position instead of Ralls hasn't worked. When Wintle looked good, there is a visible gap between him and the two CM's in front of him.

Also with Bulut being into inverted full backs moving into midfield do we even need a "6"?

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Wintle is a "6" a defensive midfielder in today's parlance, he is not an "8" a box-to-box CM in old money.

Ralls is an "8" and was a very good top end championship "8", but he is not as instantly comfortable with the ball as Wintle, his first instinct is to get the ball forward even if it means giving it away, whereas Wintle is to shuffle it on.

Siopis is a thief, he steals balls but his incisive passing highlight reel is even smaller than him. He is never a 6 in the championship.

So for me its Wintle and two far more attacking players probably Colwill and Turnbull

Wintle and Sio should work in a double pivot but plainly does not

(IMO) Ralls is still our most effective midfielder but father time is catching up but we look better with him and Sio as two traditional CM's with a 10. Playing wintle in that position instead of Ralls hasn't worked. When Wintle looked good, there is a visible gap between him and the two CM's in front of him.

Also with Bulut being into inverted full backs moving into midfield do we even need a "6"?
    We have not once played well when Bulut does this, not once. Everyone needs a defensive midfielder. Also, 6 gets on my wick. Number 6 is a centre back, a 4 is the defensive midfielder.

Siopis and Wintle is the worst pairing. They offer nothing in possession. Anyway, if Bulut has any sense it should be Colwill, Ashford and Tanner as the 3 behind the striker from now on. Let's see what they're made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Id like to see Ralls and Turnbull have a go in midfield together. Turnbull looks uncomfortable upfront with meite-latey.

honestly..the wintle hate is crazy. he was so woeful in the first half of the season and nobody said a word! now he is finally coming good you lot snipe him with no justification. 6 months ago i wouldve been calling for his head right along with you lot! lol
    Ralls Turnbull with Colwill ahead of them.

People that keep bringing up the form are missing the point, a mid table team will go on good and bad runs in a season. The people that are wanting a new manager, from what I can see, is because of the style of football.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    People that keep bringing up the form are missing the point, a mid table team will go on good and bad runs in a season. The people that are wanting a new manager, from what I can see, is because of the style of football.
    Wow that's a big improvement then, we are now a mid table team, well done Bulut from a team that lost it's three best players and should have been relegated bar points deductions.

I think so, but with this set of players who could a more progressive team, I know a lot are Buluts signings, but during a transfer embargo where you can't really sign whoever you want.

He wanted better players in January but we couldn't afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Agreed, we should end up with an improvement of around fifteen points and ten places from last season and, in other circumstances, I wouldn’t be complaining at all about that, but you’d expect to see those improvements mirrored by an upturn in the quality of football played by the team along with, hopefully, a bit more entertainment. That’s not happened though in my opinion and it seems to me that the biggest single factor in our better results is that we are scoring from free kicks and corners again after taking last season off in that respect.

Bulut has been unlucky in being without our most creative player for more than half of the season, but I wonder how many games Ramsey would have played if he’d been fully fit from August to March? I’m not saying it would be like a repeat of the Colwill situation, but, having seen how this manager operates over the last seven months, I can well imagine Ramsey being dropped to the bench for plenty of away games (and home ones for that matter given the way we’ve often set up at Cardiff City Stadium). because of the need for us to stay “compact”.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, we should end up with an improvement of around fifteen points and ten places from last season and, in other circumstances, I wouldn’t be complaining at all about that, but you’d expect to see those improvements mirrored by an upturn in the quality of football played by the team along with, hopefully, a bit more entertainment. That’s not happened though in my opinion and it seems to me that the biggest single factor in our better results is that we are scoring from free kicks and corners again after taking last season off in that respect.

Bulut has been unlucky in being without our most creative player for more than half of the season, but I wonder how many games Ramsey would have played if he’d been fully fit from August to March? I’m not saying it would be like a repeat of the Colwill situation, but, having seen how this manager operates over the last seven months, I can well imagine Ramsey being dropped to the bench for plenty of away games (and home ones for that matter given the way we’ve often set up at Cardiff City Stadium). because of the need for us to stay “compact”.
    Thats the question, has he turned defensive because his attacking players weren't prolific enough so had to apply a safety-first approach, or is he just a defensive type coach that would have still done the same with Rambo and O'Dowda?

My main fear of change is will Dalman and Tan get anyone better, I doubt it and we will end up with a Harris or Morison, who are far worse and could take us down the divisions.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

If Tan wants to sell the club, he has a lot riding on which Manager is in place for next season, I think he will see Bulut as a safe pair of hands, surely he has learned from previous Managerial mistakes and will give Bulut one more season, if we are relegated he will lose a fortune.