Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I agreed back in March 2020 and was determined not to be too critical of the UK Government, but that was before the "libertarian" Government we have started making decisions based on party politics rather than public health and, as yesterday showed, they still are doing that.

The statistics are damning for the UK compared to nearly all other Western European democracies and there are still hundreds of people dying every day from Covid and yet we get rubbish about cancer deaths from Government apologists

Deaths from cancer are, nearly always, unavoidable, deaths from any contagious disease are not, your chances of not catching a potentially deadly virus are lessened by taking realistic precautions, but the "it's time to move on" mob talk as if anyone advocating that wants us back in a full lockdown and all they're doing really is showing their I'm all right Jack attitude.
The obsession with just one virus is the problem though , and it seems to me that regardless of lockdowns , masks, social distancing and arbitrary rules it makes little or no difference. I know people who have been terrified of Covid , wore masks , stayed in doors and still caught it. Nearly 40m people in the Uk have tested positive, at some stage

Apparently 90% of Welsh people have antibodies.

Covid was even downgraded as a High Consequence Infectious Disease in March 2020, so on that basis there are more severe viruses is circulation which nobody even thinks about and we carry on as normal in respect of the majority of them.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid