+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV Licence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: TV Licence

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Question time - pre scripted

The corporation lacks impartial and objective journalism are regularly made by observers on both the left and the right of the political spectrum.

Another key area of criticism is the mandatory licence fee, as commercial competitors argue that means of financing to be unfair and to result in limiting their ability to compete with the BBC.

Also, accusations of waste or over-staffing occasionally prompt comments from politicians and the other media.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic...nal%20capacity.

BBC news - pre scripted programmes

BBC did for Corbyn , hardly impartial

Also the public appear to mirror this losing ~ 75,000 customers per month
    https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/bbc-ho...ed-tv-licence/
    Question Time is utter crap but the pre rigged questions apply to all the panel

If those on the left and right complain the BBC is biased against them then there is your answer

Laura Kuenssberg.........is a conservative , from a conservative background and is the BBC political editor

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

If those on the left and right complain the BBC is biased against them then there is your answer

Laura Kuenssberg.........is a conservative , from a conservative background and is the BBC political editor
    So, you’re agreeing that it’s not fair and impartial.

She had to have security protection during the 2017 election due to online abuse from Corbyn supporters, she was also getting it in the neck from Conservative and UKIP supporters. I guess if that is the case - she is impartial and asking very awkward questions.

I don't watch QT very often as I find that the contributions from the panel tend to be predictable and disingenuous in many cases.
    However, having been in the audience on two occasions I have to say that the panel are not forewarned of all the questions. Certain questions submitted by the audience in advance are chosen (and which predominantly include germane issues of the day and which would be folly to omit) but the questions gleaned from people raising their hands are random. It's a brilliantly produced programme which is broadcast around the time when much of audience is just getting home and it's hardly edited. To be honest, I couldn't find any evidence of editing regarding the two episodes I attended.