+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

Re: Rugby Word Cup 2019 thread.

I've only seen two halves of this World Cup so far. The second half against Australia and the first half of this game. I must be a jinx.

I've been hearing for the past two or three years that Wales has so much more strength in depth these days and yet whenever we pick our "second string", they fail to impress. It says it all that the only way we could score in the first forty minutes was to bludgeon our way over as the basic errors, poor technique and lack of coordination when we try to move the ball has been embarrassing, as was the way Hallam Amos.dealt with a pretty routine high ball - school kids in a games lesson would have been given a bollocking by their teachers for doing what he did.

As for missed tackles, I'm sure Sean Edwards was as forgiving about them as some on here are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've been hearing for the past two or three years that Wales has so much more strength in depth these days and yet whenever we pick our "second string", they fail to impress. It says it all that the only way we could score in the first forty minutes was to bludgeon our way over as the basic errors, poor technique and lack of coordination when we try to move the ball has been embarrassing, as was the way Hallam Amos.dealt with high ball - school kids in a games lesson would have been given a bollocking by their teachers for doing what he did.

As for missed tackles, I'm sure Sean Edwards was as forgiving about them as some on here are.
    I rate Amos but that was dreadful. They will have been given a rocket. Much better needed in the second half

Finally. Does this bloody referee realise that he does have a yellow card in his pocket?

That’s about nine penalties in their 22 and still no yellow card

That was better. Good score from Tomos Williams. Good player.

Thank God that’s over.

well that was 2 hours of my life I won't get back...roll on a real game in 40 mins.
    ..an absolute heap of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    well that was 2 hours of my life I won't get back...roll on a real game in 40 mins.
    ..an absolute heap of shit.
    I can’t recall the last time I saw a Wales team make so many mistakes. Gatland will not be happy. Anyway we have the quarter final we want and we will see a much better performance next Sunday. Confident we can beat the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I can’t recall the last time I saw a Wales team make so many mistakes. Gatland will not be happy. Anyway we have the quarter final we want and we will see a much better performance next Sunday. Confident we can beat the French.
    I put it down to simple over eagerness. 2nd string looking to stake a claim and rushing the moves. When it’s slightly mis-timed it looks sloppy. Was never any doubt about the result

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Where are you driving from?
    Pershore

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Pershore
    I’m driving from Andoversford. It’s going to be a late night. Have a safe journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Pershore
    My brother works in Pershore.

Japan v Scotland is a great watch.

Japan now winning after going behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Japan v Scotland is a great watch.

Japan now winning after going behind.
    On this. Japan would give anyone a game

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I put it down to simple over eagerness. 2nd string looking to stake a claim and rushing the moves. When it’s slightly mis-timed it looks sloppy. Was never any doubt about the result
    Parkes has been an automatic first choice for nearly two years now, so I don't think his incredible forward pass which led to Amos' second disallowed try can be put down to over eagerness. Patchell looks assured and completely at home when he comes on against Australia and yet he performed like a novice today, we got annihilated in the turnover contest and conceded an awful lot of penalties - there's very little positive that can be taken out of that game.

Parkes has been an automatic first choice for nearly two years now, so I don't think his incredible forward pass which led to Amos' second disallowed try can be put down to over eagerness. Patchell looks assured and completely at home when he comes on against Australia and yet he performed like a novice today, we got annihilated in the turnover contest and conceded an awful lot of penalties - there's very little positive that can be taken out of that game.
    The breakdown was a big concern as Wainwright and Tipuric started and are likely to start against France

That was great play from Japan to get that try before half time. The Scots look like they can't cope with the pace of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    That was great play from Japan to get that try before half time. The Scots look like they can't cope with the pace of it all.
    Only put it on at 28 mins as I’ve been cooking, that was a lovey try.

1 more try for a BP.

Imagine they turn up against SA as well

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Only put it on at 28 mins as I’ve been cooking, that was a lovey try.

1 more try for a BP.

Imagine they turn up against SA as well
    They have been wonderful. Three terrific scores. Their hooker Horie is a star as is their winger.

Scotland were better off with the cancellation

Japan would be a great addition to the four nation Southern Hemisphere tournament and, on this evidence, would be very competitive in it as well. Maybe there was an element of Scotland making them look good in that first half, but it looked like step up from what they did against Ireland and I wouldn't rule out a Japan v Wales semi final.

Japan would be a great addition to the four nation Southern Hemisphere tournament and, on this evidence, would be very competitive in it as well. Maybe there was an element of Scotland making them look good in that first half, but it looked like step up from what they did against Ireland and I wouldn't rule out a Japan v Wales semi final.
    I thought they were terrific against Ireland too. Ireland were lucky to get a losing bonus point.

I do feel you always pick up on the negatives Bob.
    We are current Grand Slam champions, have topped a group with Australia in it, and are in the qtr finals of the World Cup.
    Today wasn’t pretty, but we did what needed doing, and didn’t get any injuries.
    Give them a break!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I do feel you always pick up on the negatives Bob.
    We are current Grand Slam champions, have topped a group with Australia in it, and are in the qtr finals of the World Cup.
    Today wasn’t pretty, but we did what needed doing, and didn’t get any injuries.
    Give them a break!
    We will see a very different team and a very different performance against France, Just disappointing to see a number of quality players performing so badly.