+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prison Justice served ? ? ? return of the death sentence ? ? ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Prison Justice served ? ? ? return of the death sentence ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    It is easy. To have justice the punishment must be as great as the crime. You wouldn't kill people for theft because that punishment is far greater than the crime.
    What if you get into an altercation with someone and you feel a bit threatened and lash out and they fall and hit their head on the ground and die, do you get a death sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What if you get into an altercation with someone and you feel a bit threatened and lash out and they fall and hit their head on the ground and die, do you get a death sentence?
    The courts and the police know what is murder and what is manslaughter or killing in self-defence.

The courts and the police know what is murder and what is manslaughter or killing in self-defence.
    The courts and police are not infallible, what if the other guy had a mate with him who said that you just hit him out of nowhere, and the jury believed his word against yours?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The courts and police are not infallible, what if the other guy had a mate with him who said that you just hit him out of nowhere, and the jury believed his word against yours?
    Whether murderers deserve death is a separate question to how do we know if someone is guilty of murder. We don't have a good legal system and we don't know for certain if anyone is really guilty of any crime. But we still have to arrest and punish people.

We don't have perfect knowledge. I was once accused of something I didn't do. It wasn't anything to do with the police but if it had gone before a judge and a jury they would never have believed me. If I just had the facts of the incident I would never have believed my explanation. It was ridiculous but it was also true. It caused me some trouble at the time but it is all long ago and forgotten by everyone except myself. If the accusation had been murder I would have gone to gallows laughing at the bizarreness of it. I would have accepted that the judge and the jury had made the correct decision given the facts. We live in a world where injustice is bound to happen. The best we can do is find the wisest judges and juries. Maybe we should have IQ restrictions on who can sit in judge of us.

Whether murderers deserve death is a separate question to how do we know if someone is guilty of murder. We don't have a good legal system and we don't know for certain if anyone is really guilty of any crime. But we still have to arrest and punish people.

We don't have perfect knowledge. I was once accused of something I didn't do. It wasn't anything to do with the police but if it had gone before a judge and a jury they would never have believed me. If I just had the facts of the incident I would never have believed my explanation. It was ridiculous but it was also true. It caused me some trouble at the time but it is all long ago and forgotten by everyone except myself. If the accusation had been murder I would have gone to gallows laughing at the bizarreness of it. I would have accepted that the judge and the jury had made the correct decision given the facts. We live in a world where injustice is bound to happen. The best we can do is find the wisest judges and juries. Maybe we should have IQ restrictions on who can sit in judge of us.
    But fundamentally you are pro the death penalty and would like to see it brought back. I think that if you brought it back, by the law of averages there would inevitably at some point be a misscarriage of justice and that even just one of those is too many.

And that is getting to that stage of arrest and investigation! It is well known that the upper echelons of the rich and powerful are crawling with rapist, murders and especially child abusers. Whether it be, police, politicians, church and the royal families. Yet all these raging frothing at the mouth knee jerks on here won't lift a finger to help remove this protective layer. Just sneer from the sidelines and throw rotten fruit.

Prison. The rich never enter, the poor never leave.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    And that is getting to that stage of arrest and investigation! It is well known that the upper echelons of the rich and powerful are crawling with rapist, murders and especially child abusers. Whether it be, police, politicians, church and the royal families. Yet all these raging frothing at the mouth knee jerks on here won't lift a finger to help remove this protective layer. Just sneer from the sidelines and throw rotten fruit.

Prison. The rich never enter, the poor never leave.
    I don’t think there is evidence of rampant rape, murder or child abuse by the upper classes. In fact, I don’t even think that Jimmy Savile did any more groping than the average dj or pop star in the 1960s or 70s. Nearly everything you read in the papers is either a lie, an exaggeration or a misunderstanding.

I don’t think there is evidence of rampant rape, murder or child abuse by the upper classes. In fact, I don’t even think that Jimmy Savile did any more groping than the average dj or pop star in the 1960s or 70s. Nearly everything you read in the papers is either a lie, an exaggeration or a misunderstanding.
    You have to be on a wind up