+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TV Licence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: TV Licence

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They should scrap the licence and add a tiny amount to the income tax to pay for it
    I think the tories would love to be rid of the bbc just like the NHS. I remember when the funding was cut in 2015 the free to over 75s was expected to be scrapped completely anyway, I'm surprised this has come to anyone as a surprise.

Well not that surprised thatthe posters who just post "lefty" as an insult have such short memories.

The plug will be pulled on free bus passes next!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think the tories would love to be rid of the bbc just like the NHS. I remember when the funding was cut in 2015 the free to over 75s was expected to be scrapped completely anyway, I'm surprised this has come to anyone as a surprise.

Well not that surprised thatthe posters who just post "lefty" as an insult have such short memories.
    Considering Whittingdale was Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, they'd love to get rid of it.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...e-impartiality

And Matt Hancock is funded heavily by the Taxpayers' Alliance, so bye bye NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Considering Whittingdale was Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, they'd love to get rid of it.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...e-impartiality

And Matt Hancock is funded heavily by the Taxpayers' Alliance, so bye bye NHS.
    Yep both of these will be gone soon and they'll be missed.

People slag the bbc and call it a "lefty" organisation (I'd love to know which part of it because it certainly isn't the news and current affairs part of it).

But the value for money is crazy, I don't watch much tv but for 5 live, radio 4 and 6 music alone I'd pay the fee, the podcast archive they have is incredible too, match of the day an FA cup coverage, the amount of amazing comedy produced over the last 6 months alone, then stuff they broadcast like killing eve and peaky blinders, plus all the documentaries they have.

All that for £150 a year!

I wouldn't watch their news or politics coverage ever, but people need to realise not everything on it can be aimed at everyone.