+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ledley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joe Ledley

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Greed might have something to do with it. At his age he is not much of a catch so needs to be realistic about the amount he can earn.
    Why is it greed to try and maximise your earning potential in what is a very short career?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why is it greed to try and maximise your earning potential in what is a very short career?
    If Ledley is as good as he and others think why hasn't he been snapped up? It can only be wages. It would appear he and/or his agent have an inflated opinion of his ability and the amount of money he can command.

If Ledley is as good as he and others think why hasn't he been snapped up? It can only be wages. It would appear he and/or his agent have an inflated opinion of his ability and the amount of money he can command.
    He will get snapped up, nothing wrong with playing the waiting game and trying to maximise your wages though. It isn't greed it's common sense.

Ledley will probably retire in the next 5 years, he doesn't seem like he'll get a lot of tv work so his probably only option is to coach which isn't anywhere near as well paid. This will probably be his last contract, nothing wrong with looking after number 1 (and family).

His agent is obviously holding out for the best deal possible. Isn't that why one employs an agent?

I'd like to see him play for us again and I think it would be a nice addition to the squad. But I wouldn't pay over the odds. I wish him luck in whatever he chooses to do as long as he's fit to play for Wales.

It's not greed IMO, but there may be an element of 'trying' it on. Ultimately, the fans pay through the nose, or the player gets passed over until the demands are reduced. May not be a club that truly suits the player.
    But hey ho.