Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Sarri's record in Italy is good and I'd say he had this Chelsea squad over achieving in the early months of the season, but now they're struggling badly and I'd give us a chance of beating them if they came here with him in charge and their squad in the frame of mind they are currently. However, I can't help thinking that your opinion of Sarri would be completely different if he was picking Ethan Ampadu every week - even if results were as bad as they have been in recent games.
Wales Bales is a self indulgent fool Bob who recycles the opinions of Alan Shearer, Jamie Redknapp and talk sport and sells them as his own.

It's evident that Chelsea are struggling and there is definitely something wrong with the culture of that club that prevents them getting to their owners goal of playing a brand of football endorsed by Cruyff principles.

I would say that the owner is a huge part of the problem. You only have to look at Pep's first year at Man City when everyone was calling him to change and adapt. The difference for Pep was that he already had the like of Txiki Begiristain and Rodolfo Borrell at the club working behind the scenes to pave the way for his arrival yet it was still a struggle.

The same happened with us with both OGS and Trollope. Even though these two looked bereft of ideas at times I do think we underestimate how hard it is going into a club and completely revamping the style of play amd culture.

The Jorginho experiment is not working at present and the fact that he is being highlighted everywhere is adding by breaking the lads confidence. Hopefully Sarri will take him out for a while to let it settle.

Ampadu was overrun by a poor Swansea u23 team last week.