Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
This nonsense really needs to stop - I suppose you were being "fairly accurate" with your her rapist line which I'm grateful to Veg 1960 for posting again this morning?

I found another quote from Carrie Symonds on Sunday, which you later posted on here, that I didn't post a link to because I didn't think the statement she made was as conclusive as the one I used, but she said

"I feel I would know if Worboys had raped me that night. I’d have flashbacks or there would have been horrendous tell-tale signs when I woke the next day. But I will never truly know for sure what happened after he drugged me.” in an article for the Sunday Times which is referred to here;-

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/former-t...-john-worboys/

I hesitate to use this allusion because, if you have seen the film Twelve Angry Men, I fear you'll start to see yourself as Henry Fonda to my Lee J Cobb and this could drag on for weeks, but if you were on a jury and you were faced with statements from the alleged victim saying that they were 99.9 per cent sure the offence in question had not been committed on them and another saying they felt they would know if it had been even though they cannot say for certain that it wasn't, are you seriously saying that you would be voting guilty - bearing in mind that you need to be sure beyond any reasonable doubt that the offence had been committed?

I said yesterday that, as far as I'm concerned, you crossed a line in this thread and no amount of spin, manipulation and innuendo from you will change my mind on that - from now on, I hope I can show the same amount of restraint as Cyril has done and ignore you as successfully as he has.
One of my all-time favourite films. The tension is palpable, compounded by the setting, the heat/humidity/thunderstorms - some classic performances especially from Fonda and Cobb! (Sorry to go off topic BTW!).