+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Major bid for a striker - Revealed as Troy Deeney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Major bid for a striker - Revealed as Troy Deeney

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even at that wage, as opposed to £100k a week, signing Deeney would be a dive back to 2013 policies and I thought there was agreement that we were better off not going there again?

Add in all of the new contracts with the increased wages to reflect Premier League status and the other signings we've made this summer and we'd still be in a position where someone on a wage like that would be on tens of thousands of pounds per week more than anyone else - would the team spirit, which is so often held up as our major asset, survive a disparity in wages like that?

I think it's also worth noting that Deeney has only scored nine Premier League goals in the last 18 months and five of those have been penalties.
    I was of the thinking that you’ve just got to pay what the market dictates - but, actually, think what that sort of money could achieve:

Stadium improvements so it looks more like a football stadium and less like an Amazon warehouse.

Getting rid of those red seats

Academy improvements

Community projects - building the fan base of tomorrow

Project to increase the diversity of fan base

Cheaper tickets

A statue of Toby Philiskirk - or someone else

Charity donations

Just lob it in the bank until such time we really need it

Or we could just spend £15m on Troy Deeney and hope the 4 goals he will inevitably score are significant

Re: Major bid for a striker - Revealed as Troy Deeney

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I was of the thinking that you’ve just got to pay what the market dictates - but, actually, think what that sort of money could achieve:

Stadium improvements so it looks more like a football stadium and less like an Amazon warehouse.

Getting rid of those red seats

Academy improvements

Community projects - building the fan base of tomorrow

Project to increase the diversity of fan base

Cheaper tickets

A statue of Toby Philiskirk - or someone else

Charity donations

Just lob it in the bank until such time we really need it

Or we could just spend £15m on Troy Deeney and hope the 4 goals he will inevitably score are significant
    How's that Tony Philiskirk statue looking?