+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Police State....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Police State....

Orwell would raise a concerned eyebrow at one particular law on the books waiting for the right crisis to come along, it's the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 whose emergency powers would lift the totalitarian heart of dear old Joe Stalin himself from beyond the grave.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/part/2

22 Scope of emergency regulations

(b)provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with or without compensation);
    (c)provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant life (with or without compensation);
    (d)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified place;
    (e)require, or enable the requirement of, movement to or from a specified place;

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Orwell would raise a concerned eyebrow at one particular law on the books waiting for the right crisis to come along, it's the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 whose emergency powers would lift the totalitarian heart of dear old Joe Stalin himself from beyond the grave.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/part/2

22 Scope of emergency regulations

(b)provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with or without compensation);
    (c)provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant life (with or without compensation);
    (d)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified place;
    (e)require, or enable the requirement of, movement to or from a specified place;
    I wasn't aware of that legislation - which can be activated even if the general population do not believe it is necessary.
    In response to other contributors....
    I have not seen drones, but as intimated I read the news - they were in Gwent and also Derbyshire.I It is NOT illegal to drive to an isolated spot and walk your dog - far safer than 'exercising' with other people. It is also somewhat farcical that chalking distance lines on the pavement when queuing at a chemist is considered a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I wasn't aware of that legislation - which can be activated even if the general population do not believe it is necessary.
    In response to other contributors....
    I have not seen drones, but as intimated I read the news - they were in Gwent and also Derbyshire.I It is NOT illegal to drive to an isolated spot and walk your dog - far safer than 'exercising' with other people. It is also somewhat farcical that chalking distance lines on the pavement when queuing at a chemist is considered a crime.
    Driving from Sheffield to Peak District to exercise a dog is ok, huh?

Tickets for chalking have already been reversed...